19.I Know What You Did Last Summer (Pt. 1)

"He knows
Dirty secrets that I keep
Does he know it's killing me?
He knows
He knows"

R i l e y

I'm really worried about Shawn and Lucy. They're my best friends. They're the reason I have all my friends.

Sebastian, Ian, Laur...

It's all because I met Luce. And as long as we've been friends, it's always been Shawn and Lucy. No matter what.I don't really know what's going on with Lucy right now, but I kinda get it. It's her first heartbreak...

But it's not just that. I think she's decided it's time for her to grow. And that's good. But at a tine like this, she needs her best friend. She can't keep pushing him away. But I also don't agree with Shawn stunting her growth. I don't think he means to, but he's trying to keep her the same person she's always been, and that's not good, either.

I'm also concerned about the whole Tyler thing. I don't know what he's trying to do with her, but I've got a bad feeling about this. Don't get me wrong, I am so happy for her. Lucy is awesome, and it's about time someone else noticed it. All I know is that before her extreme makeover, he never would've given her a second look... He barely even gave her a first look.

I want to do something.

I just don't know what.

"Hey, Riles." I was pulled out of my thoughts by Sebastian appearing beside my locker.

"Oh. Hey, Seb." I gave him a half-smile.

"Are you okay?" His usual smile is replaced with a slight frown, furrowed eyebrows, and concern in his brown eyes.

"Yeah." I sighed, closing my locker. "I'm just kind of worried about Shawn and Lucy." I leaned against my closed locker, Seb following suit on the locker next to mine.

"Yeah, me too. They've never had a fight this long before. I've never seen them like this."

"Really? Huh...Sebastian, you've known them a lot longer than I have. Tell me the truth. Will they be ok?"

"Of course. They're Shawn and Lucy. They've been inseparable since they were 3."

"Yeah, but... Seb, we're growing up. You said yourself you've never seen them like this."

"They've had fights before."

"Not like this. I don't think they know what they're doing. I don't think any of us know what we're doing. High school, dating, boys, heartbreak...these feelings are all new. Do you understand them? I don't. I don't think they do either."

"So what do we do?"

"I don't know. I can't even imagine what Shawn will do when he finds out-" I slapped my hand over my mouth before I make even a bigger mess of this.

"When what?"

"Umm...Nothing. I don't know! Stop interrogating me! WHAT'S WITH ALL THE QUESTIONS?!"

"Riley."

I literally had to curl my lips in to stop myself from talking.

Then the bell rang.

"Oh thank God. Goodbye." I said, starting to walk away.

"No, no, no." He said, grabbing my wrist, dragging me down the hall.

"Seb! I have to get to class!"

"Taken care of. Just come on." He said plainly, dragging me to the nearest the janitor's closet, closed the door, and switched the light on.

"Seb, this isn't funny. You know who I have this hour? Deathrow. You know why they call them that? I'll give you one guess."

"Ok, calm down. Give me some paper."

"What?"

"Just do it." Sebastian said, obviously annoyed.

I can relate.

Nevertheless, I reached into my Algebra binder, and pulled out a piece of paper, handing it to Sebastian. He took it from me, and wrote something on it, then pulled out a whole damn stamp out of his bag, and stamped the bottom, and then handed it back to me.

"Seb, what?"

"It's my uncle's signature. Perks of having a big family. One of them is bound to work at school."

"Ok..."

"Now tell me."

"I can't."

"Look, I know you want to preotect your friend. I want to protect mine. And, as your friend, I'm asking you to let me do that. If something's happening-"

" Lucy's going to the dance with Tyler!" The words escaped from my lips before I could stop them.

"What?" And before I could stop him, he was out of the closet door, and running to do something stupid.
//
//
//

Hey guys.

Welcome back.

I now finally have a phone so I'll be updating this and my book "Puppy Dog Eyes" more frequently. If you read any of my other books and actually want me to update them, then let me know.

Also I honestly loved writing in Riley's POV so yeah

K bye

-A.