Stuck Like School Glue

Good morning! Or whatever it is. Seán's POV.

I don't remember much from when I was a baby. I don't remember my parents that well, or the house, or anything. It was so long ago.

What I do remember was that I had a little spinning wooden contraption above my bed, and it had little stuffed animals hanging from ropes strung around it. A teddy bear, a turtle, a frog with big eyes and a giraffe. The frog was my favourite, especially for his blue and green eyes. I named him Sam.

I remember my mother's voice, clear and high, and her eyes as blue as the heavenly skies. They shone like stars in bright light, and held so many beautiful sights. She had traveled Germany countless times before she had me, she had told me. I remember a bit of my father, mainly his facial hair and glittery crown. I remember how youthful he looked. I remember pulling the crown off his head and putting it on for myself once, and giggling as it fell to one side. I remember always brushing my green bangs to the side and never cutting it, because it had healing properties. Just a touch and a song and I could heal anything, even old age.

After that, I knew almost nothing. I know that I had been locked in this tower for years, Father Felix using my hair to keep himself young. He went out each day to fetch food and goods, came back to feed me, played card games and what not, and about once every month, he would use my hair with a little song.

(To the tune of the original Tangled song.)
Sunshine embedded here,
Show me what you hide,
Bring back what once was healed,
Repair what once was mine,
What once was mine.

By singing those words, my green bangs healed wounds, and age too. I don't know how Father Felix figured that out, but I never asked him much about it. I didn't like talking about it. All I wanted was to see the floating lights. They appeared in the sky, every year, on my birthday. They were orange and pink and yellow, and they floated up and away before flicking off into the night. Something told me they were meant for me. I was going to be eighteen this year, and all I wanted was to go see them. It killed my curiosity, wondering why they flew around and why they were coloured. Just the beauty of them was enough to question.

"Seán!! Let down your rope!" I heard Father Felix call up. I sighed at the reader's internal giggle. No, reader, my hair doesn't grow, or at least not the green part, and it isn't my dick that I'm letting down. Get ahold of yourself.

I threw a rope down and held it tightly as Father Felix climbed up, weighed down by goods. I had built up some muscle from doing this for so long, but I don't know why I couldn't just tie it off. I mean, I swing around with it all the time, it's stable. Whatever. Father Felix is strange. He wears a dark hooded cape and has a blond beard.

"Hello again, son!" He yelled, hugging me tightly. His voice is high and squeaky.  I hugged back with one arm, the other one reeling in the rope.

"Hi, Father Felix." I grumbled.

"I brought baby potatoes! Your favourite!" He said, holding up a small basket. I smiled and put the rope in its corner.

"So how was the market?" I asked.

"Good, good." He said.

"Guess what tomorrow is?" I asked, grinning. I knew he knew.

"Um, Monday?" He asked, eyebrow raising.

"Ugh, it's my birthday!!" I screamed, brushing my hair back.

"Ah, yes, I knew that silly! Just teasing you!" He said for the fourteenth birthday in a row.