Karma's A Bitch

Well
I'm
Sorry

Mark's POVI watched Seán stare at the lights

Mark's POV
I watched Seán stare at the lights. Lost in their trance. They were really pretty, but I knew they were special to him. They were meant for him. The only reason the lanterns flew was because of him. The Royal Prince.

Sunset coloured lights flew all around us, falling and rising and flickering. I smiled as Seán just grinned childishly, fascinated by the lights. Happiness filled his beautiful, ocean blue eyes. Excitement showed through his smiling teeth. He was bursting with joy. He leaned over the boat, very close to falling into the water. I took the crown back and put it in my satchel.

"I don't want it to fall off, goof." I said he nodded and kept on staring.

I paddled us in a little closer to the castle, and his smile grew. I loved seeing him like this. I've never seen it before, but I loved it. And I loved him.

Seán began tossing up lanterns that fell to the water, and I found it adorable. He became so innocent and sweet in a matter of minutes. I couldn't help but stare at him intently. He pointed out certain lanterns, some had his name written, others a portrait, others with pretty patterns. Everything surprised him. It was like he was a child again. An ambience of fun filled out small canoe, and for the first time in five years, I felt as if I had one thing to take care of. Not a mission, or a plan, but a person.

I needed Seán. I needed to take care of him. He was too fragile. I needed to take him to the castle and return him home. But I couldn't, I would be captured along the way and Seán wouldn't be able to do anything about it! I didn't know what to do.

Our canoe turned slightly from waves, and Seán was practically bouncing over me to see the lanterns. I could see the shore, where it was dark and eerie. The lanterns lit up the shore waters and I could make out a human figure. Two! They were tall and stocky, and one of them flicked on a lamp.

They were staring right at me.

Wade and Matt! Oh, oh no. Oh shit! This was bad. Very bad. They knew what was happening now! They would try to kill Seán! My mind raced as Seán squealed to Tim about the lights, and I grabbed a paddle. I needed to sort this out with Wade and Matt.

"Why are we leaving?" Seán asked.

"I just need to sort something out," I said as we pulled up to shore. I felt myself getting envious. Nervous. Sweaty. "I'll be right back. Stay here." I whispered.

Seán sat still and played with his bangs, and spoke to Tim. I wandered off into the shoreline, following Wade and Matt. But before I could get anywhere, Maxxias burst through the trees and stopped in front of me.

"AHHH!" I screamed. I heard the canoe rock, Seán was coming after me. Maxxias began to whinny, but Seán came over and comforted him.

"Shhhh, it's okay. Just be quiet. You're a good horse! Yes you are! Yes you are!" He cooed. Maxxias grinned.