Prologue: 17 years ago

Three young kits just left the burrow for the first time in their eight weeks of life. Lillian was with her two brothers waiting for their father's return. He was out hunting for their first meat meal while their mother nursed them.

Chase wanted to play with his sister and tackles her to the ground playfully. While Zuko watched them with their mother who smiled fondly at her kits. Lillian didn't want to play anymore and ran to find her primer protector. Her father and her mother didn't release she had left until her mate their father returned with two rabbits.

Lillian got lost and was exploring the forest not knowing of the danger she put herself in. Her father went to look for her while her mother stayed with her two brothers at the den. Lillian unknowingly walked into wolf territory.

She was trying to catch a butterfly not paying attention to her surroundings. Suddenly she ran into a young male wolf pup.  The pup had never seen a fox before yet alone a baby one. This wolf pup was nearly a year old, but felt protective over the little red kit.

He got down on his belly showing he meant no harm and Lillian approached him careful. They then started to play tug when an adult male wolf appeared. He growled at the kit as she coward behind the wolf pup. Who stood up to the adult wolf trying to make himself look bigger.

Suddenly Lillian's father appeared in his human form and Lillian ran to him. Knowing it was him as she had seen him in this form before. Her father picked her up and growled at the two wolves.

The adult wolf went behind a tree and changed back into his human form. "You are not welcome here and neither is your kit" the stranger stated as he picked up the wolf pup.

"I am sorry for want Lillian has done, she is only a few weeks old. She doesn't know about territories and has shifted yet. We are leaving soon" Lillian's father told the stranger. The stranger nodded and turned around he started to leave.

As the wolf pup whined loudly wanting to play some more. "My son seems to have taken a liking to your daughter" the stranger stated turning around. He put the pup on the floor and Lillian's father put her down. The wolf pup immediately came to make sure Lillian was ok.

"I believe you are right and my daughter seems to feel the same why. But we are leaving when they shift" Lillian's father told the man.

"Maybe you can come back in 17 years so that they can meet again when they are older" the stranger suggested. As they watched the two young ones play. Lillian's father agreed and told his daughter to say goodbye. She licked the wolf pups cheek and he nuzzled into her neck. Before they were both picked up and taken their separate ways home.

A/N

Lillian and her two brothers in picture above, she is the one turning her head to the side. Picture of wolf pup on external link