The Test: Part Two

Kyle's POV

I woke up to my beautiful mate standing at the entrance of the den looking tense and alert. I walked over to her and tried to mind link her. But she only gave me a blank look before walking back to the house. I have never seen her so serious and Grey is worried that something bad has happened.

When we got back to the house she shifted back into her human form. I did as well and we got dressed. While she brushed her hair I asked her again what was wrong. "It is time for my test" is all I heard and I understood why she was so serious.

I had taken my test two years ago and passed with flying colours. But no one knows what foxes do for their test. It was a close kept secret among their kind and it was their tradition. As she went towards the door after a car horn went off.

I grabbed her hand saying I was going as well. At first when she said it was a fox shifters secret. I was sadden that I wouldn't be able to know. Then when she said I could come and grabbed my hand.

I was so happy and then I released she was teasing me. I'll get her back for that later I thought as we got into her dads car. Her whole family was here and we didn't say a word the whole ride.

We entered the cabin and a male fox shifter grabbed my mate. I tried to attack growling at him. But Lily's brothers held me back as she told me this was normal routine. I calmed down and was escorted out pf the room with Lily's family.

"I kind go through a simulation sort of like a dream for our test. It can either be to face our worst fears or to strengthen our weakness. However, everything feels real due to an injection we are given. The test is recorded and taken to the councils HQ.  We will be able to see her simulation on the screen" her dad explained pointing to a plasma screen.

I nodded in understanding, but not pleased that my mate would have to suffer. "It will only take 30 minutes to us. But to Lily it could be like years have gone by. Most who survive the test go into some sort of shock" Her mum said as the test started.

When I heard that I tried to get back into the room. But both her brothers and dad held me back. As the doctor came up behind me injecting me with something. I blacked out and the last thing I heard was my mates scream.

(30 minutes later)

Lily's POV

I woke up after my test I had to face my worst nightmares. There was six all together and each more horrible then the last. The doctor came in and ran some tests taking a blood sample. My family then came in, but I didn't see Kyle.

"The doctor had to knock him out" my Dad said noticing the confused look on my face. I nodded in understanding and the doctor walked back into the room. She asked to talk to me alone.

"Miss Pyro, exactly when did you and your mate complete the bond?" she asked. Once my family left the room.

"Last night, why? Is something wrong?" I answered blushing at the memory.

"We test everything when we do a blood test. To make sure the serum has left your body" she explained. "There was an abnormality in your results, so I tested for something else. It came back positive and you are pregnant Miss Pyro" she told me.

"What" a stunned voice said from the door to the other room and I turned to see Kyle standing there looking shocked.

A/N

Kyle's outfit above