Chapter Seventeen - Release The Doves

(Pete's Point Of View)

I open my eyes and the sun's brightness blinds me. Once my eyes adjust to the light I notice I'm in a forest of some sort. I sit up rubbing my head and look around and see Patrick isn't here. Instantly goes into panic mode. Where the hell is he? I jump up and look everywhere and anywhere he could possibly be. He can't be that far. All I remember from last night that could be the cause of us splitting up, is when I tripped and fell down the hill, getting knocked out, but that still, we couldn't have been separated that much. Maybe, when he got up, he walked the other direction and didn't realize I was next to him or maybe since it was pitch black out he got up and got lost, impatient for daylight even though he's afraid of the dark. My point is, there is no explanatory reason for us to get separated.

As I run through the forest I trip down and stumble down another hill, only this time it's a small hill. I can't get enough of tripping can't I? Clumsy bastard. While standing back up, I see an orange tree ahead. I haven't had food for only God knows how long. I go over to it and pick one that looks healthy an I bite into it so, I can take off the peeling, but it breaks easily like a really ripe peach. I remove my mouth from it, and it's nothing, but purple looking goo. Is this some sick joke? I spit it out and throws the orange away, running the other other direction. What the hell was that thing?

After running for what seemed like forever, I stop and catch my breathe. I go to a tree sitting down against it, looking up at the blue, sunny sky. I start to calm down, a dove flies above me, swoops down and lands on my right leg looking at me with abnormal black eyes. I twitch my leg a little and it doesn't move, but just stays there. Now this is scary. Pushing it off my leg and runs again. In good shape for all this exercised probably lost a few pounds. I slow down again and every so often I look over my shoulder just in case.

More walking, I stumble across another dirt road. Am I fucking going in circles? I hope not. Wait, it leads to a house. Of course I have to investigate it, it's the only option right now. Will I regret it? Probably.

I follow the path to the house and notice the people are about to leave so, I yell in a scratchy voice, "Guys! I need help!" I cough realizing I am dehydrated.

"Honey, get in the car." The man exclaims. The man and hid wife both get in the car in a rush.

"I need help!" I tell again. They go it me fast and before I know it I crash into the good of the car and ricochet off I it and fall into the cold, hard ground blacking out.

"Pete! Wake up!" I hear someone yell shaking me. How the hell do they know me? "Wake up please! Pete!" They tell again.

Out of instinct, I grab the person and pin them down straddling them, finding it's Patrick, "Sorry babe," I say getting off of him helping him up. I see it's getting dark again, an eerie darkness at that.

"It's okay, but we seriously gotta get out of here!" Patrick exclaims grabbing my hand and leading me back into the forest. Soon, we start running. The leaves crunching beneath our feet, while many stay attached to the almost bare trees and/or falling gracefully. "Okay, I think we are good." He says breathlessly stopping.

"Patrick, where were you? I was worried sick." I ask breathlessly resting my hands in my knees looking up at him.

"I was wondering the same thing, but at leased we are back together." He smiles.

"Yeah, I guess so." I say smiling as I continue to walk.

"Pete, wait!" Patrick exclaims grabbing my arm gently.

"Yes?" I turn around.

"Maybe we could...you know." He says brushing his hand in front of my pants.

"No, we need to get out of here. There's no time for games."

"But...fine." He pouts.

"There you go." I wink and kiss him grabbing his ass casing him to moan against my mouth. I pull away and starts I walk again, "Now back to business."

Patrick jogs a little to catch up to me, "You do realize by you grabbing my butt just gets me even more turned on, right?" He asks winking.

"Yes, I am aware of that," I squeeze his ass again, but harder this time and he moans even louder. He slaps my hand away.

"Stop doing that!" He chuckles. Of course I have to see I he's that turned on so, I look and sure enough, there's a bulge there.

"Let's just go you dork," I jog ahead of him.

"Hey! Wait for me!" He whines.

Then, he jumps into my back and I almost lose my footing, "Whoa! Okay!" I exclaim getting back my balance. I hold onto him under his legs.

"Giddy-up horsey!" He pats my head and thrusts his hips.

"Neigh!" I try and impersonating a horse that I failed miserably. I wave my arms before doing my best attempt at galloping. I can feel Patrick throbbing against my back, damn dude.

"Atta boy!"

"I thought I was a horse, not a boy."

"Oh, you are a horse alright. I would know because I ride you all the time."

"Okay, enough with the corny jokes, but they are cut just like you!" I half-sing.

"Talk about corny," Patrick teases jumping off my back and ealks at my pace again. I look at his crotch again, okay I have a stump problem, but come on! He's my husband for crying out liud! Anyways, the bulge isn't even a bulge anymore, you can flat out perfectly see the outline of his hard on. It looks as if it's going to pop out of his pants any second now. It is fucking hot, but I'm not giving into him.

"How much longer do we have to go?" I whine as two doves, like the one from earlier, land in front of us and stare us down. Patrick's eyes get consumed with fear.

"Holy smokes!"He garbs my hand again and pulls me to the right.

"Patrick, what's wrong?"

"Those doves...they are bad news...they...make me change."

"Change? What the hell are you talking about?"

"Change into...into an evil me by chirping a certain tune. That is what they were doing to me along with you know what. They put this thing inside me...I can't explain, I don;t know myself, but they made me this way. If I change, I might kill you." Patrick explains.

"Well then, but they weren't chirping." At that he let's go of my hand and collapses to the ground, "Patrick!" I catch and hold him up.

"P-Pete, go! Now! I'll be okay..." He trails off.

"I'm not going to, okay?"

"Now!" He exclaims looking back at me with blood red eyes and a sad expression.

"No, I will not leave you!"

"P-Pete I don't want you de-" He cuts himself off and he turns around tackling me, straddling my waist and arms, punching me in the face over and over again busting my nose and lip. He then puts his hands around my neck and chokes me out with this expression of pur hatred and anger.

I try talking, "Pa-t-ri-ck! S-st-o-p! T-his is-n't y-o-u!" I struggle to get from his grasp. I believe he understood me because his expression softened and he lossened his grip, "Patrick I know-" I get cut off by him squeezing my throat again, making weird growling noises though gritted teeth. "Pa-trick! S...top!" I try and wriggle free.

This time he gets off of me completely scooting away from me crying, his eyes turning normal, shaking his head, "P-Pete, I'm a terrible person! I-I'm sorry!"

"You're not a terrible person," I go over and sit by him, hugging him, "It's not your fault."

"Yes it is Pete...I-I almost killed you!" He exclaims between sobs, sobbing harder with each word. Patrick buries his face into my chest.

"It's okay babe. It wasn't you. It will be okay, I got you," I hug him tighter and soon I start crying.

What have those sick bastards done to Patrick?