Chapter Thirty Five - What's This?

(Dallon's Point Of View)

Remember that chain saw noise that was echoing loudly earlier? Well, I figured out what it was, but it made absolutely no sense. None of this does actually. Well, this so called "Riddler" was murdered. By who? I don't know and I don't want to find out. Also, I sort of figured out where I am too. Before Riddler got killed, he told me I was in a room in Arkham Asylum. Using riddles of course. Before he even finished the sentence, there was a blood hurling scream then, silence, indicating he was in fact dead.

None of this makes sense though. I thought Arkham Asylum, Joker, Harley, Riddler and all this stuff was all make believe? Isn't it? Well, I guess all of us were wrong.

My eyesight finally adjusts to the darkness. As far as I can tell, it looks like a room that would be used in a hospital, but I know I'm not in one and just putting things in my head. Maybe he meant I was in a room in the hospital ward of the asylum? I don't know and I don't care. This place gives me the creeps and I want out, but of course I'm tied to a chair. Wait, no I'm not. Is this some kind of sick joke? So, I stand up, only to instantly fall down. I forgot I have no feeling in my legs from the hips down.

It's fine, I'll just lay here on this disgusting, cold floor. I wonder who last died here?

After about ten minutes or so, the feeling in my legs come back. So, with that I stand up very wearily and shaky. I use the walls and counters for support to walk over to the door, until I regain my balance, which took awhile by the way. I put my face in the window in the door and look outside. Barley noticing the lights are still on throughout the building, except my room. They are flickering which makes it that much better. Not really. Makes it scarier actually.

Hesitantly I walk out of the room, I see Pete running past me with something in his hands.

Okay, Dallon. You are seriously going insane.

With that, I walk out of the room and into the hallway. Looking back and forth like you would when you cross the street. Yup, I'm definitely in a hospital. I watch a stretcher rolling pass me slowly and squeaking in the process.

Okay, this place is either one, haunted, or two, I am insane.

As I walk more through this hell hole, I notice blood all over the walls, floor and ceiling. Mostly consists of hand prints and streaks. Few faces here and there, but whatever.

I seriously need to get out of here.

The more I explore, the more attached I get.

My thoughts end when someone shouts, "Dallon! Run! We have to get out of here!" They shake me a little and I realize who it is, it's in fact Pete.

"What? Why?" I ask giving him a very confused look.

"Oh shit!" He exclaims with fear on his face, "Come on! We have to go!" He grabs my arm and starts running, dragging me with him. I don't even care to look at what he's talking about and this Pete is probably not even the real one. "W-We have to find Brendon. Have you seen him?"

"No, why?"

"Somehow we ended up in here an I swear we were just running through the city, through the streets and we somehow ended up in here. More like appeared out of thin air. We got separated almost instantly trying to find a way out." Pete explains while stopping his running.

"Oh. Are you even the real Pete?" I ask knocking on his head.

"Yeah...why?"

"Because I swore you were a ghost. I don't know. I just saw you run past the room I was in with something in your hands. Also, if you are the real Pete, what's your favorite food?"

"Oh, yeah. I was looking for an outlet to plug in the phone I was holding. I called 911. Also, pizza. You should know that. Pizza is my second love."

"There, know I know." I say chuckling, "Oh, by the way, I am still taller than you."

"Oh shut up. Oh Brendon! I was so wor-" I hear Pete's voice get cut off in the distance because I couldn't hear him anymore. Wait, I can't hear him anymore? I look around in a panic. Hehe Panic!. I'm all alone.

What the hell happened to him? Where did he go? Why did he call 911? Am I really insane?

Before any more thoughts go through my head, I feel myself fall and all I see is black.