Chapter Twenty Three - Happy Day Before Your Birthday

(Mona's Point Of View)

"Hey get back here!" I yell running after Dad. I chase after him until we go into the hospital car garage and reaches the car. He slides over the hood to get to the drivers side.

"Hurry! Get in!" He exclaims excitedly. So, I do. He starts the car.

"Wait, how did you get the keys from Brendon?"

"You know when all of us were hugging? That's when." He winks at me then pulls out of the parking space and drives out of the garage. We see the others running after us and then stop and stare at us with a confused look as we drive off. Dad is laughing his butt off, "You like that huh?" That's when I get a weird and gross scent.

"Are you seriously going to leave them there?"

He laughs, "No."

"Uh, Dad?"

"Yes honey?"

"Uh, I'm not being mean or trying to be rude, but have you even taken a shower lately? I mean, you kind of smell bad." I ask looking away.

"Oh, uh, no. I feel sorry for the doctor I fantasized about. Yeah, I haven't taken one for like a week or so? Long story."

"Wait what? Yo fantasized about...gross Dad!"

He chuckles. "Yeah. What an I say? She was a fox." He laughs.

"Oh gosh Dad." I roll my eyes, "Besides, why haven't you taken a shower? Tell me the long story."

"You really want to know?" He parks on the side of the road and looks at me.

"Yes."

"Well, brace yourself." He swallows hard and then starts explaining what happened the last week. Dad explains that he and Pete got kidnapped when they went out dancing. How they got tortured, well him, pretty disturbing, but I feel bad for him. Besides, how can girls, you know, to guys? Anyways, he explains how they escaped and how he almost killed Pete. To now.

"I-I'm sorry Dad." I look down from him and unintentionally looks at his crotch and it's sticking straight up. Pervert. My eyes widen and keeps my gaze there.

"Don't be. Uh, Mona? Are you alright?"

Shakes head and looks back at him, "Oh, yeah why?"

"You have been staring at me for awhile."

"Oh sorry. I didn't realize."

"It's okay. So, should we go back and get the guys and girl?" He chuckles.

"Yes."

"Alright." He turns around and heads back to the hospital. I find myself looking at him again. Damn I'm the creepiest daughter ever, but the fan-girl has never left. Oh well. I actually know what it looks like because of those pictures in that magazine. Why am I talking about Dad's parts again?

My thoughts get interrupted by Dad yelling, "Hey! You guys need a ride?" He laughs hysterically.

"Fuck you!" Brendon laughs getting in followed by Sarah and Pete.

"Nice prank Patrick!" Sarah says.

"Uh, guys? Can we go home first? I need to take a shower. Mona said I smell like a hobo." Dad looks at me and smiling and winking at me.

"I said no such thing!" I exclaim playfully punching his arm.

"Well, you do smell like d-" Bredon cuts himself off, "Man parts."

"Why thank you." Dad says.

"Your welcome."

We ride there in silence. Dad parks in the driveway and we all get out and goes inside. Pete and Dad go straight to the shower, seperate if you were wondering. Brendon, Sarah and I awkwardly just sit there in silence.

After ten minutes Pete comes out wearing similiar to his previous outift, black skinny jeans and the same black dress shirt, only the bat is red, he sits next to Brendon. Another ten minutes pass and Patrick comes out wearing no Fedora on his bleached hair, no surprise there, wait, there's something wrong here. He is wearing black skiny jeans, a light blue button up shirt with a gray cartigan sweater over it, a black tie tucked under the cardigan and a black jacket that isn't buttoned up.

"It takes you long enough Patrick!" Brendon says standing up and walking towards the door and walks right into it. We all luagh.

"Geez, let me get out first." Dad laughs and sits next to me. He hugs me and kisses my forehead, "Where do you want to go eat sweetheart?"

"Uh, I uh...I-I don'tknow Dad." I answer shakily.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing Dad, I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Just making sure." He smiles at me and gets up and starts walking towards the door, "Well, lets go!"

"Y-Yeah!" I accidently sing.

"Singing Alone Together now, huh?" Pete giggles putting an arm around me.

"Yes. By accident though!"

"M-hm, sure." He smiles.

With that we walk out of the house, get in the car and leave to only God knows where Dad is thinking of.

We get there, get ushered to a table and sit down. I sit in between Pete and Brendon, and Dad and Sarah are across from us. We look through the menus.

"Well Ha-" Pete gets cut off by the waitress.

"Hey, you guys ready to order?" She takes out the not pad from her apron and she looks over everyone. When she looks at me her eyes widen and sadness takes over.

"Uh yes we are actually." Dad says. With that, we order our good and drinks.

After awhile she comes back with our food and drinks. She is still looking at me sadly. Why have I done? While we eat, we talk about everything. Catching up on everyone's lives. I guess Dad was super depressed the entire time. Pete stayed the same I guess. And you already know how my life has been. How Brendon and Sarah got back together. It was kind of romantic really.

"Ugh! I cannot eat anymore!" I exclaim pushing my plate away from me holding my stomach.

"You said it!" Dad says. Everyone just groans in agreement.

The waitress comes back and gives us the bill, we pay and get up to leave. The waitress pulls Dad aside.

"What are you doing here? I..." Dad asks before getting out of ear shot with her. I couldn't hear the rest of the sentence. Then, his face turns sad yet happy and he is shaking his head. I hate seeing him like that. I wonder what they're talking about. None of my business. I ignore it for now and follow Brendon, Sarah and Pete out to the car. Us four get in the car literally at the same time as if it was rehearsed.

After awhile of waiting, Dad shows up and opens the door of the car to get in. I scoot to the middle of the backseat and he gets in. Brendon heads back for the house.

"Dad what's wrong?" I ask.

"N-nothing." He sighs.

"You sure? Because it does seem like it." I hug him and he hugs back. We stay like this.

"Mona...I-I might actually be your biological father." He whispers in my ear. This is surreal.