Chapter.4

Time seemed to be going by slow, how long have I been here? Since the light has passed by the top window it seemed about five days.. My friends and parents are probably worried sick,are they even looking for me? Shouldn't Alya be searching for me by now?

I was on edge now, thinking about no one ever finding me.. what if they never do??

.. I then looked down at my body, I bet I lost a lot of weight since these past days, Chat Noir has only fed me twice, I didn't even want to eat.. I was thinking about so much other things, food was the least of my problems.

I was in my thoughts until I heard a door open, in came Chat Noir. "Did ya miss me?" He smirked walking over towards me.

I turned my head to face away from him, he mad me so angry, after almost having sex with me, to screaming at me for a dumb reason..
"Aw, so I'm guessing you don't miss me?" Chat Noir turned his lips to a bitter smile.

"Don't touch me." I mumbled. Chat didn't answer, he held what looked like a brown bag.

"I brought you food. I felt bad not feeding you. Ah, I see your wearing the shirt I gave you. It looks adorable on you Marinette."
That's right. I had on Chat Noir's shirt that he gave me. After we almost had sex he burned my clothes somewhere, he told me it was so that 'no police dog will find me'

I had no other choice to wear the huge shirt and panties he gave me. I mean, I was laying on the crisp cold floor.
"I didn't want to." I pouted.

"Well I'm glad you still did... I love you." Those words made me flinch, no one had ever told me that, I mean sure my family but not no guy.

"If.. you love me.. wouldn't you want me to be happy? To set me free?" My eyes watered but I didn't dare to cry.
Chat Noir places the bag on the floor in front of me. He sat there, looking at me.

"You will be happy. Marinette. Just let me touch you and.. and.. and.. I'm crazy in love with you Marinette, so no, I'm sorry. I can't let you go." Chat Noir's face didn't seem to have any emotion, it was like he wasn't even a human. Chat Noir got up and walked away.

As I heard the door shut a gash of tears came sniffling out of me. I cried and cried, but no one could be there to comfort me.. I didn't know if I was going to live or die.. I didn't know anything right now, and, Chat Noir recently took Plagg somewhere. I was... depressed.

"How are you feeling Alya?" I say as I touched her shoulder gently. Alya wiped her tears away, she hugged her knees in the process.

"I... can't believe she's gone, she's really gone. I'm so stupid, I should have stayed with her longer, I should have..—"

"It's not your fault Alya, I'll make sure to catch the criminal who did this to her." I say.

"But why.. why Marinette out of all people? She's.. she's so nice and hasn't done anything wrong, her parents are worried sick about her. They are at the airport right now, so please, please do everything you can to find her Luka!" Alya stares at me with her pink parched eyes.

"I will. I promise."

I smiled, other cops talked to Alya as I went inside the apartment, my eyes squinting and gazing at everything small I could find. "Detective Couffaine–I mean.. Luka. You said you knew the victim right? Did she have any pets?" My partner, which, her name was Kagami.

"Yes she did. A cat actually, but it seems like the cat isn't here." I cross my arms in distressed.

"Well, I talked to that Alya girl and she said the last time she saw Marinette was was late at night. She went home after hearing the news of the criminal on the loose." Kagami puts gloves on and examines the pieces of glass that was shattered on the floor.

"What do you think he did?... Chat Noir guy, did he find a random dorm and just waited? Or do you think Marinette knew him without the mask on?" I shook my head.

"Calm down Luka, he could have followed her home, you know, she has this bag from that gas station two minutes away from here." Kagami writes down notes and places the pieces of glass in a bag.

"That's right.. we could ask the cashier guy who worked that night shift. Maybe he saw someone with Marinette after she left." My smile grew big, we were so close, yet so far to finding where Chat Noir is at... and Marinette..

"Let's hurry up and verve over there." Kagami takes off the gloves as we both paced towards the car...

"Do you happen to have seen this person a few days ago?" I showed the cashier a picture of Marinette. The guy examined the picture and scratched his chin in the process.

"You know what, I do actually. She often comes here and picks up a sandwich or two, but, I haven't seen her in a few days, did something happen?" The old man asked us, he was a little bit down and wondered if the news we were about to tell would make him even more sad.

"She hasn't been at home, we figured  Chat Noir, the criminal that escaped must have snatched her. Did Marinette seem... weird that day?" I asked.
Kagami was right beside me, she took notes as we heard the old man speak.

"No, but I do remember that she forgot her wallet! And.. this nice young gentleman paid for her sandwich, and then I heard them talking, apparently the girl wanted to pay the man back so she gave him her number." The old man says.
Kagami shakes her head, "this is juicy stuff, do you remember anything else?" She asks.

"No. But I have the mans receipt from a few days back." The old man reaches underneath the cashier.

"Seriously? You keep all receipts?" I answered, but before I knew it, he held a small trash can that seemed to be glutted with all kinds of receipts.

"Thank you kind sir, we will make sure to thank you later on." Kagami nudges me on the side as she took the trash can. We then walked out of the store my face still blank.

"What if we never find the piece of paper?? We need that guys name.. Kagami.. Kagami are you even listening??"

"Hush up will you Luka? We're gonna find her, so don't worry.. relax." Kagami's fingers brush my shoulder smoothly, and then reaches towards my hand. I strike her hand away.

"How can I relax when one of my best friends are in danger.. heck.. I don't even fucking know if she's alive!" I spat out, even more angry at Kagami.
She doesn't say anything nor do anything after that, but instead, looked out the window.

Almost feeling embarrassed by my emotional outburst...

•••••••