Chapter.8

BANG!!!

  "Dammit!!! THEY'RE FUCKING GONE!" Luka yells, his voice was heavy, he was sweating viciously. I also looked around, angry that Chat Noir was here..

But now he's gone.

"We were too late.." I said, I grabbed my flashlight and flicked it on. I turned over to the police officers with police dogs.
"All of you! Search for anything! ANYTHING!" I yelled. Luka went beside me, he started to put on gloves.

"Kagami, let's get searching.. we can't miss anything." Luka didn't talk after that, instead, he searched the ground, searched the wall. Tried to find any hidden doors or something, anything.

Luka was desperate..

  BREAKING NEWS

Detective Luka and detective Kagami have found what seemed like an old warehouse where Chat Noir kept one of his victims.

We are still reporting on if we find anything, we will be live, until tonight.

God bless the victim..

"Hey look, your picture is on the news." Chat Noir points to the television. My mouth was in a gape motion as my eyes stayed glued to the tv.
Luka is looking for me...

He's really going to rescue me..

Tears start to form in my eyes, but I kept the tears to myself, instead, I have to keep myself alive.. For Luka, and Alya, and my parents.

Chat Noir then turned off the television, he gets up and grabs Lila's keys.
"Lila you keep an eye on her, or else.." Chat Noir points to Lila, who was in the kitchen making something.
Once Chat Noir leaves the door, my neck snapped towards Lila, she didn't look at me, she didn't even look up at what she was doing.

"Lila you got to let me out!!" I yelled.

"Don't talk to me!" Lila now looks up, her green emerald eyes glared at me.
"Just be a good you and shut your mouth!" Lila goes to the sink now.

"Don't you like Chat Noir? Don't you want what's best for him? If you let me free, Chat Noir and you can run away! Together!" These fantasies triggered Lila, "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM!!" She yells and grabbed something silver, and before I knew it, she swung a knife right at me, the knife flew to the wall behind me, while grabbing my skin with it.

Seconds later, a spread of red blood drips down my right cheek. My fingers traced towards it, filling my nails also with blood.
"O-oh my god!!" Lila quickly yanks a towel and pours water on top of it. She then rushes over me, her eyes crying out tears.
"D-Don't tell him! Please! Please!" Lila presses the cut on my cheek. I flinch.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled, I grabbed the towel from her and started to press hard on my cheek.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry... I'm sorry.." Lila kept repeating her words, it petrified me, she looked just as insane as Chat Noir.

"Calm down Lila.. first off, let me out of these handcu–"

"Your gonna tell him right? Your gonna tell Chat Noir I hurt you.." Lila sits in front of me, I raised an eyebrow and looked at her. Even though I was in pain, Lila seemed to be more in pain.

"no. I won't tell him, I'll just have to make up an excuse. You know Lila, if you take me to the police station, we both can get Chat Noir and put him back in prison." I reach over to touch her shoulder. Lila sniffs.

"He'll kill me.. Chat Noir and I had a past, he told me he'd kill my parents if I didn't let the two of you stay here." Lila hugs herself, now looking at the ground.

"Lila, when the police catches him, you don't have to be scared anymore, trust me.. Just let me go.. please.." my hand clenched onto her shoulder, my arm was shaking, I was so scared.

Scared that Lila will say no..

Lila gets up off the floor, she then grabs a key to the handcuff. My eyes started to water, I wanted to hug her, no, BE THE GOD MOTHER OF MY FUTURE CHILDREN!!!
She unlocks my handcuffs and drops it to the floor. "Just.. go." Lila says.

"No! Come with me!" I yelled and grabbed her hand. Lila shakes me off. "Go before I change my mind." She says.

I nod, didn't even care to question her answer, I quickly got up and ran for the door, as I opened it.. there he was...

Chat Noir.

"One of the dogs found a hidden door, Chat Noir hid it good with all of this paint." Kagami puts her hands on her hips and points to the place where the dog was barking viscously.

"M-maybe she's in there!" I shout and run to the wall. It took four guys to pull the wall open, as there it was. A wooden door, police officers had their guns ready, I had mine and so did Kagami.
"Go." I yelled. We then pushed open the door,

"THIS IS THE POLICE! PUT YOUR HAND U–"

It was quiet, no motion.. I realized.

They weren't here.

The only visible things I could see was a bathtub, a mirror, a sink and a toilet. Nothing more. I dropped my gun, and dragged myself onto my knees.
"We were too late.. Kagami.. we were too late, they left, they're gone." I put my head into my hands.

Kagami rubbed my back gently, she then flicked on her flashlight. "Come on, let's get searching."

"There's nothing here.. nothing." Some police officers look around, they shake their heads. "He's right. Nothing."

Kagami sighs. "Dammit.. we should have put that Cat on a tracker when we had him." She clenches her fists, then cools down.

"Back to fucking square one." I grunted.

Just then, a young man in his 20's comes running in with his phone against his ear. "Guys.. my girlfriend just heard a girl screaming for help, it came from an apartment near here.." He says, his eyes full of hope and excitement.

I look at Kagami, she looks back at me.

"Let's go." We both say and run out of the room.

•••••••••