Chapter.12

Marinette POV

Marinette your crazy.. why the hell did you run away? Why did you even run away?

  My vision turns blurry as I run on the sidewalk, people gave me weird glances, some were even horrid.
I didn't know where to go, actually..

My apartment was probably being monitored and having caution yellow signs covering it up by now..
so I really just ran, and I don't even know why..

A familiar hotel rang into me, it was a girl I knew in high school, Chloe! This was her fathers hotel, maybe I could stay in one of the rooms..
I rushed into the door, but was stopped by a guard. "Name?"

Think.. think of something! He cant know who you are. "I..um.. I'm Chloe's cousin! Uh.. Maira Cheng?" That was the only name that whooshed into my mind..

"Hmm that's funny, Chloe has no cousins." He says.

"Y-Yes she does! Her mother's mother married a guy who happens to be Chloe's mother step sister, and she recently had children and we recently moved to Paris, but I'm just now finding out I have a cousin! So I came to see her..." I smiled, hoping it would work and hoping this guard is actually dumb enough to let a person who escaped a hospital inside..

He rolls his eyes. "Okay, Maira, Chloe is on the top floor, third door down." He steps aside. I could finally breathe out and hang my shoulders low. I had finally made it in.

I then go to the elevator which lead me all the way to the top floor, I remembered the door keepers instructions.. it was third door down, a door that didn't look like all the others..
I knocked..

No answer..

I knocked again..

"Ugh! How many times do I have to tell you, I don't want any more of Jagged Stone's signed posters daddy!—"
Chloe opened the door, her eyes went wide her mouth seemed to drop to the floor.
"M-Marinette Dupain cheng??"

"Can you let me in? Please." I say as I look both ways in the hallway.

"W-why are you in a hospital gown?? Did you come back from a mental hospital or something?" Chloe gasps.
Damn, she is still the same girl as for when we went to school together.

"Uh something like that.. anyways, I really need to get in!" I say and push my way in. Chloe slams the door, she then starts blabbering.

"I heard you got kidnapped.. they found you, I've been watching the news. I don't know why I never watched the news, but it was you, I guess since I've known you I was worried.. no.. I wasn't worried I was shocked..Marinette.. I'm.. I'm so glad they found you! I'm so sorry! I'm sorry for bullying you!" Chloe wraps her arms around me. I didn't know what to do..

I had never gotten a hug from my bully.

Even so, I needed a hug right now, and so I did.. i also wrapped my arms around her. Chloe did not let go until about five seconds later.
"See what your making me do? I.. I don't act like this." Chloe hugs herself, she looks at me. "What can I do?" She says, "I've never really knew anything about the criminal."

Of course she didn't.. she's been protected and safe ever since Chat Noir's name popped up on television.
"Do you have anyone to call? Who you really trust." I asked. Chloe shrugged her head.

"No... Only Sabrina, but she's out helping her sick mother.." Chloe was silent for a moment, and then she grabbed what looked like a menu.
"Here. Order something I'll tell my butler to bring it to me, and Marinette, even if I'm taking care of you I just want you to know that you truly need help." Chloe said.

Me? Need help?... that's ridiculous.. the only reason I ran away was because I wanted to get out! I was stuck there! At the hospital.. if they saw me going crazy, who knows if my parents would have put me in a mental hospital...

After a few chats with Chloe, the Butler brought in the food without seeing me, I ate to my full potential. Stuffing any taste I could eat into my mouth, after about thirty minutes my stomach was full. "I hate to ask. But what was Chat Noir like, hm? The criminal." Chloe sits on her sofa, she then pulls out a magazine.

Should I even tell her? Wouldn't Chloe know that he's an insane criminal who killed many women. "He's... attractive."

What the fuck Marinette.. attractive?? You think a serial killer is attractive?

Chloe laughs. "I thought I was the only one who secretly thought of that.. Anyways, it's probably a sensitive topic sorry." Chloe says.
I looked down at my lap, tracing the fingers of the gown I was wearing.

"Hey Chloe. Do you have a computer? I would like to search up someone's name."

Chloe looks at me weird. "Don't ask, just know I have like four pairs of laptops. Here." Chloe goes to her closet, I peeked at her and saw that she had a pink pocket knife on top of her jewelry. Why there?

"Here you go." Chloe gives me the laptop and I turned it on. I remembered looking at Luka's files, how he had a case called Felix written on it. He said it was a serious case way back then. But the guys last name was unknown, and the case was left hangin.

"His name is Felix Thomas. He's my kidnapper, he has tantrums and acts cocky. But he is attractive and did really love me, he's in jail now and I don't know anything about his past." I say out loud, Chloe turns her head to look at me weirdly.

"What—"

"All I'm saying is, I'm going to get Chat Noir out of there.. and there's no way no one can ever stop me from doing so.."

A smirk was planted on my face as I search up the case again. And I realized, that he did change me.. in some way, my mind was crazy..

For him.