Picnic time

Dedicated to RahafAddali for being so nice about my story and encouraging it.

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing, I sat up in my bed and grabbed my phone "Hello?" I answer, my voice is all croaky "Hey" I hear the smooth voice of Adrian and almost gasp I clear my throat and take a deep breath before I talk again "What's up" I say "Well I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go out for pizza with me?" He says and he sounds a bit nervous which makes my heart beat crazily "Um.. Ya sure" I say "Awesome I'll see you at 12?" He asks "Yup it's a date" "Cool see you then" he says and then hangs up. It takes me a few minutes to register everything and then I realize what actually just happened. I'm going on a date with Adrian. I gulp and even though I went out with him yesterday I'm still nervous. Calm down I think and get out of bed. I go to my bathroom and shower and then brush my teeth, I then walk back into my room and throw on my grey tank top, with my blue jeans and my jacket I pair that with my white sneakers. I look at the mirror and smile, happy with the outfit that I managed to put together, I then apply some natural makeup and straighten my hair. I grab my purse putting my phone and my makeup bag inside. I go downstairs and just watch a movie till my phone dings, I take it out of my pocket and read the text.

Adrian: I'm outside
Me: I'll be out in a sec

I switch the tv off and walk outside. When I walk outside I see Adrian leaning against his car and he's looking at his phone, when he hears the front door close he looks up "Wow Liz you look amazing" I blush slightly "Thanks you don't look bad yourself" I say. Adrians hair is the usual messy bed hair look and today he's wearing jeans with a white top and blue sneakers. We walk to the car and I get it and he starts then engine and then we're off.

When we get to the pizza place we sit down at a booth and eat and talk and laugh. When we're finished we pay and then walk outside. We get into his car and he starts driving after we've been driving for a few minutes I realize that we aren't going to my house "Um.. Adrian where are we going?" I ask him "I've got a little surprise stop" he says and then parks the car, I get out and then notice I'm at a park the same park I used to go to when I was a little girl. Adrian pulls a picnic blanket and a little picnic basket out of the backseat of his car and I can't believe I didn't see it when we went to get pizza. The park is empty so we find somewhere to sit almost immediately. He lays the picnic blanket out near the water and puts the picnic basket in the middle of the picnic blanket. I plop down and so does he and we rest our feet in the water. I look over at Adrian and see him looking at me I smile at him and I blush a little. He takes out a few things from the picnic basket like sandwiches and sodas. We sit down and eat and drink for quite a long time and then he gets up and offers a hand to pull me up. I smile at him and take his hand and he hauls me up "Adrian what are we d..." I get cut off when Adrian puts his finger on my lips and grabs something behind the tree which I now see is a small speaker he smiles at me before he presses play on his phone and comes up to me and he guides my one hand up to his shoulder as one of his goes to my waist and he interlocks our fingers and then a slow melody starts playing.

I found myself dreaming in silver and gold like a scene from a movie that every broken heart knows.

I immediately recognize the song it's like I'm gonna lose you by Megan Trainor.

We were walking on moonlight and you pulled me close split second and you disappeared and then I was all alone.

I look up at Adrian and I see him looking at me, he starts to lean closer and I do the same, one little move closer and our lips would touc... My phone starts ringing and we pull away from each other. Come on!! I pull my phone out of my back pocket and answer it "Hello?" I say "Oh my god Liz thank god" it's Kelsy and she sounds like she's panicking "Kelsy what's wrong?" I say and I'm starting to panic and I panic at her response "It's Caleb"

************************************

Hey guys

Ooh cliffhanger. What do you think happened to Caleb? What do you guys think about Adrian? I would love your feedback.

Comment and vote please

I love you guys<3

-Jenna xxx