The Confession and Mistake

Elizabeth's P.O.V

"A D-!" I whisper yell. I hold my math test in my hand. I completely forgot to study for the test. I mentally face palm. Honestly I haven't been doing well in math. It's like I don't understand anything. I look over at Dylan who sat next to me. His test is on the desk with a big red A+ on it. He laughs a little at my reaction. "Do you think you could tutor me?" I ask him and he nods his head. "Awesome! Thanks so much" I say to him as the bell rings. Grabbing my thinks I leave the classroom and walk to my next class.

On the weekend

I lie on my bed and scroll through Instagram and Twitter when I get a message. It's from Adrian

Adrian 😍: Meet me at the park in 20

I smile and reply with an 'ok' and I start getting dressed. I put on denim jeans and a black shirt with a white peace sign in the middle of it, I put on some sneakers. I apply foundation, concealer and powder and add some lipbalm before grabbing my phone, my keys and going to the front door.

Caleb's P.O.V

(1 hour ago)

I walk into the supermarket and grab some stuff that my mom asked me to pick up. I go towards the next aisle when I see someone familiar. Adrian. I go to start walking to get what I need and then get out of here when I hear him say Elizabeth. I quickly get out of sight and listen in to what he is saying.

I hear Adrian say "Look about this bet with the whole making Elizabeth my girlfriend" he says, "Exactly" he replies. "Awesome, I'll talk to you later" he says before he hangs up on whoever was on the phone and he smiles.

I walk towards him and push him. He falls on to the floor "What the hell Caleb!?" He shouts and looks at me. "How dare you use Elizabeth to win a bet!" I yell at him. He puts his hands up "Look it's not like that... Anymore" he defends. "I am her best friend so either you tell her or I will" I threaten him. "Fine, I'll tell her" he says and gets up before leaving the store empty handed.

Elizabeth's P.O.V

I drive into the parking area near the park and get out of my car. I lock my car and walk towards the grass. I see Adrian waiting for me and I run up to him. "Hey Adri... What's wrong" I say as I see his expression. A frown and an unhappy look on his face. Not like the normal smiles he usually gives me.

"Look Elizabeth we need to talk" he says and sits down near the lake. I sit beside him and stare at the water. "About what?" I ask starting to get worried. "There is something I need to tell you but you are going to hate me for it" he says and looks at me. "Just tell me" I say. "Ok..." He takes a deep breath "The day I met you I was with my friend Rick, he tapped me on the shoulder and pointed towards you, he... said that he bet I couldn't get you to be my girlfriend and I said I could so we started a bet on it...." My eyes widen and I bring my hand up and slap him across the face. I stand up and start to leave when he catches my hand. I turn and look at him, my eyes filled with tears but I won't cry in front of this jerk, he doesn't deserve me to cry over him. "That was before, I promise that's not how it is anymore. I like you, a lot" he says almost pleads. My eyes lock with his and my gaze is icy "Funny, maybe that line will work on the next girl you bet on" I say and rip my hand out of his grip. I run to my car and get in and drive off.

I park my car at the front of my house, the tears pour down my face. My grip on the steering wheel is firm as my tears keep rolling down my face. No, Elizabeth he is a jerk, he doesn't deserve you or your tears. I furiously wipe away my tears. No sadness is there anymore, just anger. Who the hell does he think he is that he can treat me that way. With that thought in my head I wipe away my final tears and get out my car. I lock it and walk upstairs to my room.

When I get to my room I take my makeup wipe and use it to wipe away the dried tears. My phone rings and I look at the screen. Adrian. I push the red button and open up my phone, scrolling to his contact I block him. I spend the next few minutes unfollowing and blocking him on every social media. I delete videos and photos of him and I. I wipe him away from me. I settle down my phone, satisfied.

"Elizabeth!" My mom calls from downstairs. "Yes" I yell back. "A boy named Dylan is here, he says he is tutoring you!" She yells. Oh my gosh I completely forgot that Dylan was coming over to tutor me today. "Ok, he can come up here" I tell her and grab my books. With everything that happened today I forgot he was coming over to tutor me. My anger still boils towards Adrian. Dylan walks into my room. He is wearing a black T-shirt and denim jeans, he has sneakers on and his hair is naturally messy but it looks good on him. All in all he looked good.

He comes towards me and we get straight to work, he goes through all the work and explains it. A few hours later we stop to take a break. We just talk until a strong wind comes through my open windows and blows a strand of my hair into my face. I put my hand up to push it behind my ear but Dylan beats me to it. He pushes the strand of hair behind my ear and cups my head in the process. The next thing I know his lips are on mine and were kissing.

************************************

Hey guys

Sorry I haven't been updating in a long time but I am going to try updating more often. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and also thank you so much for all the support and love for this book!! You are all so amazing.

-Jenna xxx