Little errands for a bigger picture

"So you got the pictures? And the money?" I lay on my back, holding the cold metal to my ear.

"Yes yes Sir, your order will be finished in little under a week." A thickly poised accent assured me.

"Great, the additional requirements still in place?"  My eyes wandered over to my slumbering partner, awaiting the foreigner's reply.

"Дa, thank you for your service and I hope to get another request from you soon, sir." I wearily narrowed my eyes in contentment before bothering to breath back into the phone's microphone.

"As do I." I hung up, tossing the phone onto my stomach.

"Another step completed?" A voice heavy with sleep weakly called out to me.

"Sleeping beauty awakens. And yes." I shift myself so I'm facing Angel, who lay cuddled up to a sofa pillow on the sofa opposite mine.

We had re-rented the house we used for the last revenge scheme just to stay in range and to say we were getting comfortable would be a harsh understatement.

The fire was roaring, it's flames licking at the comfortable silence hanging over the room. My eyes slowly began to flutter as I wrestled with the inevitability of sleep.  It's dark fingers caressing my mind, almost making me forget what I was meant to do.

But I couldn't help it, everything was so perfect in this moment. The soft patter of rain tapping against the Windows just behind the thick creamy curtains that trailed along the floor,leaving a slit of moonlight to peer into the humid room, only lit by the warm glow radiating from the fireplace.

I shyly stole a glance towards Angelo. Only to have blood rush to my face, making my heart feel like it was going to melt when I came to discover his eyes were trained on me.

I peeled my eyes away from his soft stare, and snuggled up in my oversized jumper.

The moment was shattered by the buzzing erupting from the rectangular device on my stomach. I accepted the call, staying quiet for awhile.

"The rest of the information has been sent to your burner mail account, I hoped you found my findings to your liking."a husky voice carried itself out of the microphone.

"Of course, how about we consider this as a payoff for one of your debts to me." I confidently answered the mysterious man on the other end. 

"Of course anytime my-" the beeping indicated I hung up. Sighing deeply, I swung my legs off of the sofa, glancing momentarily at the fast asleep murderer before ruffling his hair hesitantly, but affectionately.

I stalked out of the room, leaving a note on the kitchen table to explain my whereabouts before changing and leaving the house.

Calling a taxi, I checked the coordinates sent to me, directing the taxi towards a bar in the richer part of town.

I paid and jumped out. I strode towards the bar entrance, scanning the room of drunk underaged rich kids until I found my target.

I approached her with a friendly smile, sitting on the bar stool next to her.

"Next round is on me."  I offered her another warm smile, and slammed a 100 onto the bar.

"Thanks! I'm Cherry."  She stuck out a hand while adjusting her extremely tight and short black dress.

"Lauren." i grinned, shaking her hand. The shots were placed on the table and Cherry and I beamed at each other, proposing a toast to new friends.