School show

I leant against the cold gate, relishing the cold steel against my steaming skin as excitement rushed through my veins.

"hey angel do you think it's started kicking in yet?" We glanced towards Rachelle, who was busy lip locked with a boy on a motorbike.

It seems she had spare clothing in one of her other rooms, but that didn't mean the spray tan I had placed wasn't used. It was a shock that she still managed to get a guy looking like an oompaloompa.

"Wait for it...."  Angel countered, as we leaned forward waiting in anticipation.

The boy's hand went to Rachelle's head to pull her closer annnd.....

BINGO.

A high pitched scream came from Rachelle as she backed away from the poor boy who had a clump of hair stuck to his hand.  His expression was gold but Rachelle's was priceless.

We roared with laughter, kneeling over our stomachs to stop ourselves from collapsing and rolling on the floor. Angel fell down, booming laughter still filling the air as the students stared at us in confusion.

"Ah that was perfect."  He swiped the tears from his face, his shoulders still shaking with silent laughter.

"Yes it was.  Now let's get on with the main act and stop paying so much attention to the side show." He nodded in agreement and we made our way into the main building.

I shivered, unable to look away from Angel.  These hallways held such bad memories that only visit me in my nightmares.

"It's alright, we will be to the room soon so hang on in there." The messy haired Italian half hugged me, shielding me from the resurfacing memories.

After shoving our way through a crowd of students, we finally reached the small but forgotten door.  Angel opened the blue door to reveal an array of surveillance televisions and a single lone some microphone.

I threw the duffle bag into the room, making sure to lock the door after us. 

The moment I entered the room a sense of deja vu washed over me.  My eye were drawn to a corner.

On the wall a tally of IIII was engraved. Its significance were like boulders on my shoulders...

Flashback:

My breath ravaged my body in heavy pants, my legs moving faster than I had ever in my life.  My abandoned books lay scattered on the marble floor a few hallways away.

The heavy footsteps of my pursuers pounding in my ears.  Panic rising in my throat as I glanced backwards.  The rugby team hot on my trail, their eyes weeping bloodlust and their smiles reflecting that of the devil.

Blood trickling down my forehead, blinding me in one eye as I almost blindly coordinated myself around the school, trying to loose the predators.

I hared around the corner, my hands shaking violently as I desperately jolted the handle to the blue door. Finally, it gave way and I tumbled into the room.  The door, sensing my terror, closed it self and the lock clicked.

There, I sat in a swallowing darkness, the only sound to be heard was my racing heart and the thunderous beat of footsteps from outside the sanctuary.

Shrinking back into the darkness, I fought to hold my breath, my shaking hands wrapping themselves around my ankles as I sunk to the floor.   My back pressed against the cold walls, finding reassurance in the icy feeling shooting through my quaking body.