Our end of the bargain

"All ready?" I slid the MP5 into my lap, cocking it.

"All ready." Angel affirmed. We stalked away from the car and towards a very modern styled mansion.

The guards at the gate panicked as they were watched us stalk towards the main gate. A ripping sound came from beside me, safety pin disregarded.

The soft tapping of gas grenades echoed out as they hit the floor. The guards coughed violently, only able to stay upright for more than 10 seconds. The thuds of the men falling at our feet, brought back memories of my previous missions.

Soon I was completely in the zone.

Without a flinch of hesitation, we blew the gates apart. The endless rattle of gunfire sounded so distant as I prowled towards the main door. I pressed my back to the wall beside the door.

Just as planned, all the guards were drawn to the front of the house. Dropping my gun to my hip, the line of oncoming guards fell like toy soldiers.

I paused, checking my partner's position in the corner of my eye. Standing in a pile of bodies, the Italian was gunning down every stranger in sight. He nodded at me to continue as he continued his murderous streak, blood splatter staining his clothes and his eyes red with bloodlust.

I stormed the house, discovering to my disgust that there was still guards left. Cowering in corners, they shook with terror as I prowled past them. Poltroons. Scum.

I spun on my heel, "AT LEAST DIE WITH DIGNITY YOU YELLOW BELLIED POLTROONS!" I bellowed down the hallway. The guards scattered like bugs, hands above their heads, pleading and begging for their lives to be spared.

My upper lip curled in disgust as I wove through the kitchen and up the stairs. Every curve and tip of my clothing dripping with a thick Crimson liquid that did not belong to me.

My eyes filtered to a room where the family hid. One measly guard stood in front of them, a pistol in his hand, armed with quaking knees.

"W-we knew you were coming someday you mafia d-dog!" The grey haired guard screeched, the family backing away from me with pure terror etched onto their faces.

"Uh? Mafia?" I replied dumbly, tilting my head to the side.

"Y-you aren't f-from the mafia?" The old guard looked like he was going to keel over, but his fear was replaced with confusion.

"Uh no? Do I look like I'm from the mafia?" I snorted, funny thing, I once was requested to join the Colombian Mafia. But I wasn't very interested (low pay) so I wiped them out when I had spare time.

"N-no?" His gun lowered a little. He wasn't going to shoot me anyway.

"Ah but don't get the wrong idea, I'm here from Triskelion." Bang. It seems the old man actually keeled over!

Well, never too late to kick the bucket out of natural causes.

"K-kingly!" The, what looked like, oldest sibling of the family rushed forward to his side. Her grief turned to hatred as she regarded me.

"Y-you killed him!" The girl's eyes wide, she wrapped his baby fingers round the gun, prising it out of the old man's bony fingers.

"Well I don't see a bullet wound anywhere. But seriously kid, I don't have time for this, where is your guest staying?" I tapped impatiently, not in the mood for being stalled.

"Yeah Jessie, she's got a point." A boy pointed out calmly, the only member of the family who wasn't petrified.

"SHUT IT FREAK." The boy backed down, his arms wrapped around himself. The moment those words left the teenagers I had made up my mind.

"The boy's coming with me." Monotonous I announced.

"What?" The whole family did a 360 with their heads, as if they couldn't believe what I had just said.

"You heard me, hand over the boy." I pulled the heavy machine gun onto my shoulder, challenging them to disobey.

"Whatever. It's not like we care." The girl shoved the boy forward. Who cautiously took a few steps towards me.

His eyes round with fear, his lower lip quivering but no tears fell. He refused to cry.

"That will be all." I took the boy by the arm and pulled him into the hallway.

"What are you g-going to do with me?" He asked bravely, crossing his arms over his chest. I merely replied by pulling up his sleeves. There, revealed a collection of scars.

"I'm going to take you away from them." I replied quietly. The sound of approaching footsteps alerted me to Angel's presence.

"Where is your guest staying." The boy pointed to a door only a few strides away.

I shoved the boy towards Angel.

"Take care of him for me." I explained blandly, taking in the bloodstained boots he wore. Earring the colour from wading through the guard's blood.

I kicked in the door, causing a startled teenager to tumble off the bed. He had been hiding under the covers. How. Fitting.

I approached the sprawled out Tyler, his eyes lit up in recognition.

"Goodnight."

Crack.