29

Where the ladies at? Where the hoes? Where the bitches? Every real nigga know the difference.
-Vince Staples

Char
Los Angeles, CA

I looked around my clothing store smiling at the turn out

I looked around my clothing store smiling at the turn out. It's the one year anniversary of my store opening and I'm extremely happy and proud of myself. It's saddening that Jai can't be right by my side considering he helped with money to open this place. I just know I have to find a way to get back into the swing of things with life.

I walked over to Maurice who was patting his hand on my pregnant cousins belly. "What are you doing?" I asked picking him up.

"He's fascinated by my belly," my cousin, Chloe said laughing.

"Baby," he said pointing at it.

"Mhm, she's gonna have a baby."

"Are you gonna have a baby?" He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows saying, "No."

"Daddy, said I'm getting a brudder or sister."

"Well, I don't know where this brother or sister is coming from, but it's not coming from me."

"Oh," he said making an o with his mouth.

I put him down saying, "Go by your granny." He nodded his head then rushed off to my mother climbing into her lap. I grabbed a drink from a tray that a server was holding. I took a sip of the champagne trying to contain my true emotions. Is Matika pregnant? I thought to myself. I gulped the rest of the contents in the glass down sighing.

"Girl, slow down!" My friend, Cole said as she came up to me. "I know it's a great night for you, but don't turn up too much," she said chuckling.

"I need this after what I just heard," I said putting the empty glass on the tray grabbing another one.

"What?" she asked as I took another sip.

"Maurice just mentioned something about Marcel saying he's having a brother or sister. It's definitely not with me, so who else? His girlfriend," I said shrugging.

"Oh, girl. Maybe he was just talking. He's just a kid."

"Kids don't say stuff like that though unless an adult said it."

"That's crazy. He just found out he has a child and he's already having another one. This is probably some competition to his girlfriend. She'll never be able to say she has his first born though," she said shrugging.

"I don't even care. I just didn't want to find out tonight from my toddler son this type of news. Before I was unsure about having her around my son because they're just so on and off..break up to makeup."

"Well, it looks like she's trying to get that permanent position now. Two baby mama's? The way you described Marcel he didn't seem like that type of guy. Typical rapper, I guess. As long as he continues to treat Maurice the same as her child it'll be okay, right?"