37

A/N: The short film for Vince's Prima Donna EP is so weird & depressing, but I love it. Watch it if you want^ lol. So many meanings to gather from it. On to the story, if not.

I'm trying to open up a buffet. I just thought about it right now. That's my next idea. So look out for my buffet I'm opening. I'll still do songs and shows, that's a given, but I'm really trying to open this buffet.
-Vince Staples

Marcel
Denver, CO

I stood on stage looking into the crowd waiting to start the next song

I stood on stage looking into the crowd waiting to start the next song. The past few performances I've done, I really haven't wanted to do them. I'm just over it. I rather be at home with my family and not traveling to perform for a bunch of white people even if it does pay the bills.

My Mom's cancer is back. She's getting treatment, but I don't feel right just leaving her. For all I know she could be on her last day and I'm somewhere else. She tells me it's getting better, but sometimes you don't know with her. For what? Money? That's not even worth it at this point.

I'm working, Matika's working and taking care of the baby, so we've been distant. I'm missing my kids growing up at their most pivotal point of life. I can't get that back. Maurice is in pre-school and every time I come back Marina is bigger. This music thing doesn't even seem worth it.

As my DJ, Westside Ty started the beat for my song Norf Norf, I turned facing the crowd when something flew on stage. I furrowed my eyebrows looking down at the object then at the crowd. I put the mic to my mouth saying, "Now, listen. This is very important..Everybody pay attention. I'ma tell you one thing about my black ass on this mutha fucking stage..I don't give a fuck about none of this shit and if some shit hit me, I will try to beat you to death!"

The crowd started to cheer loudly as if I was playing and I wasn't dead ass serious right now. No offense, but these white people really think this is a game. "No, no, no, don't clap! I'm dead serious! I swear to God on my kids, on my mother, on everything I love. I will literally try to kill you. It's happened before, my nigga. So don't throw shit on the stage. It's not cute, it's not pretty, my nigga. Spread love."

The crowd started to clap and cheer again as I looked directly at the guy who threw it. "Because I will die and go to jail, like that," I said snapping my fingers. "I remember this nigga named Mike Mike. We caught Mike Mike on 17th, his baby was in the car and everything. You know what happened after that. So you don't wanna be like Mike Mike, my nigga. That's all I'm saying," I said kind of lightening the mood making everybody laugh.

I was about to go into the next song when a white dude yelled, "Fuck you and your fake gangster talk. You're a bitch!"

"Ooh, don't do that." I said shaking my head. "These other rappers might be lying about that shit, but I'm really where I say I'm from. I'm really from the set and that's on BOTH my kids, but I'm not on that anymore. Let's keep the peace," I said throwing a fist up.