Chapter Six

It wasn't until the full moon did Remus see Eve again. He was feeling sick as usually as Madam Pomfrey escorted him to the Whomping Willow. As the duo approached the tree, Remus noticed Peter, James, and Sirius following behind them.

He turned his head and gave them a look to ask if they were sure they wanted to do this. He got in return, a nervous nod from Peter and two thumbs up from James and Sirius.

As he was looking towards his friends, Madam Pomfrey was looking towards the tree, or more what was in front of the tree. She abruptly stopped walking when she spotted the dark skinned girl with bright blonde hair, causing Remus to stumble and looked away from his friends.

When he looked at Madam Pomfrey, and saw her face as pale as a sheet, he frowned in confusion before looking in to where she was staring.

Once his eyes landed on the cause of Madam Pomfrey's fright, they widened in confusion, "Eve?"

"Hello Remus," Eve said walking forward, towards the duo, causing Madam Pomfrey to pale even more- if that was possible- and start to shake in fear. Eve immediately stopped walking and frowned in worry and confusion, "Are you okay?"

Madam Pomfrey's eyes widened in shock before she nodded hastily nodded her head.

"Are you sure?" Eve pushed trying to see if she was truly okay. But when Madam Pomfrey didn't answer, but just continued to shake in fear, "Why don't you go back to the school, I'll make sure Remus gets through the Willow."

Madam Pomfrey looked ready to protest but stopped herself before letting go of Remus' arm and rushing back to the school.

Both Eve and Remus frowned at her retreating figure, before Eve walked over to Remus and helped his weak form into the entrance to the tunnel at the Whomping Willow. And Remus was too busy pondering over why Madam Promfrey would be scared that he failed to notice that the tree didn't attack.

Sirius, James, and Peter stared in shock at the girl who looked no older than them as she helped Remus into the tunnel of the Whomping Willow that didn't even move to attack after she scared away the most stubborn healer the boys have ever known.

"Who do you reckon that is?" Sirius asked the other two as Remus and Eve disappeared from sight.

"Maybe he's got a girl friend," James shrugged.

"And he didn't tell us," Sirius said offended.

"Maybe it's that girl he was talking about- Eve, I think," Peter offered.

"I almost forgot about her," Sirius admitted.

"You know, I heard Evans talking about someone named Eve to Alice and Marlene," James said.

"Really?" Sirius asked shocked.

"When would they have met?" Peter asked quietly.

"Why don't we ask her?" Sirius suggested.

"Ask Evans," James said, "Good idea."

"Ask me what?" Lily said from behind them, shocking the trio.

Madam Pomfrey approached the stone gargoyle that led to the Headmasters office, "Fizzing Whizbees."

The gargoyle jumped aside, revealing the moving spiral staircase. Madam Pomfrey quickly stepped onto the stair case and it moved her up to the Headmasters office. When she reached the wooden door she gave it a quick and urgent tap.

A quiet, "Come in," came from within the room and Madam Promfrey immediately entered, "What brings you to my office, Poppy?" Professor Dumbledore asked kindly.

"I've seen her again," Madam Pomfrey answered.