Chapter Thirty-One

"We're already here, love," a voice said across the clearing from the girls.

Lily and Eve quickly spun around to face the voice and they were met with a man. Though, he wasn't a man. He was almost shifted between a werewolf and a human. The 'man' smiled at them, revealing a row of jagged rotten teeth.

Eve placed her arm protectively in front of Lily, pushing the witch slightly behind her. Lily wanted to protest, but she'd seen what Eve could do. Lily wasn't in her element. An unknown creature, in an unknown place. Lily knew a lot of defensive spells, but she had no idea how they would effect the creature in front of her.

"Yes, protect your little girl friend, Fae," the man chuckled, "See how long you can protect the pretty little witch."

"Who are you?" Eve's face was emotionless, her voice like a robots. She was entirely tense, itching to attack the man. The man just smirked, not answering the question. "Fine, where are the rest of you? No sense hiding, I know you're there."

Once she finished speaking, about a dozen more people walked out into the clearing. Some eyed the tree, other eyed the girls. Most gathered by the leader, the original man. But Eve could sense two approaching her and Lily from behind.

She quickly spun around and thrust her hands out. The two wizards flew back, pushed by an invisible force, and hit two trees harshly. A snap and crack filled the air as the two fell to the ground, dead.

The wizards, witches, and werewolf-like creature stared at Eve in mild surprise and amusement at her display of powers. "Oh, yes, the Dark Lord will surely enjoy you." The creature gave a sinister smile looking Eve up and down. Though, like a switch had been flipped, a glare and snarl made their way onto his distorted figure. He growled out to the people around. "Burn the tree, kill the mudblood, grab the Faery."

Eve was quick to knock more Death Eaters back. Protecting both Lily and the tree. Lily, on the other hand, was using the defensive spells that she knew against them. They laughed at the girls attempts, throwing curses and jinxes at them.

Lily had unknowingly dodged the Killing Curse when Eve's screams filled the air.

The redhead looked over at her friend worriedly and say her writhing on the ground, tears streaming out of her eyes as she screamed in agony. "EVE!!" Lily shouted before throwing a curse at the one performing the Cruciatus.

"PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!" Lily shouted, the Death Eater going stiff as a board and falling to the ground with a thud.

Eve immediately stopped screaming, but tears continued down her face. Some Death Eaters continued to try and burn the tree down. But it looked like it was indestructible. The one's that weren't failing at burning down a tree, on the other hand, were surrounding the two girls.

The werewolf-like creature grabbed Lily from behind and yanked her off the ground, his wand digging into his neck as Eve tried to get off the ground. One of the Death Eaters came up behind Eve and pushed her back to the ground with his boot.

Everyone laughed at the girl as the same man yanked her up to knees, making her look at Lily and the werewolf creature. The man brushed her hair away from her, whispering into her ear, his lips touching the ear lobe.

"Join us or she dies."