Chapter Ten

After the greasy haired boy had called Lily and Eve a Mudblood and freak respectively, Lily had a shouting match with James and stormed off. Eve followed after her after giving everyone a glare with her Faery eyes.

"Lily!" Eve shouted as she ran after the red headed girl. Her light green dress flew around her bare feet as she ran and the gold glistened off the sun, "Lily!"

"What do you want, Eve!" She stopped abruptly and sharply turned to look at the Faery with tears streaming down her face.

Eve didn't say anything, she only walked closer to Lily and wrapped her in a tight hug and Lily broke down sobbing.

"I-I thought he was m-my-my friend," Lily choked out, "I ca-can't believe, believe he called me a M-Mudblood!" Lily cried into Eve's shoulder before pulling away and wiping her eyes, "Sorry."

"It's fine, Flower," Eve said as she looked into Lily's eyes that look much like her own.

"If it wasn't for that stupid arrogant toerag!" Lily said starting to get angry, "I can believe him! I can't believe either of them! And did you see Remus? He was just sitting their reading! Ignoring how horrible his friends were! He's a prefect for Godric's sake!

"Thank you for helping, Eve," Lily calmed down slightly, "Even though it was only your second time meeting me and you don't even know Severus. But you did scare Black and Pott-" She stopped herself abruptly and looked up at Eve with a frown, "What are you?" She continued to look confused before she realized what she said, "I am so sorry, I didn't mean it like that, it's just what you did with your eyes. You said you weren't a witch, and I was just curious. I'm sorry if I offended you."

"Don't worry, Lily," Eve assured. She actually was offended at the question but tried to control her temper so she wouldn't lash out on the girl who just lost one of her best friends, "I'm a Faery, if you must know."

"Like the fairy lights we have a Christmas?" Lily asked.

"No," Eve shook her head, "Faery, F.A.E.R.Y."

Lily looked at the ground with a frown as she tried to remember the species. Suddenly her emerald eyes lit up in recognition, "The vicious kind?"

Eve just nodded, trying once more to keep her temper under control.

"We've read about them in Defense Against the Dark Arts," Lily said, "No one believed Professor Borys when he told us. They all thought he was talking about the fairy lights. But if they were smart and actually read the books they would know the difference."

"What have wizards said about us?" Eve asked spitting out the word wizard like it was poison.

Lily looked up at her curiously at the venom dripping from the Faery's words before answering, "Well I think it said that there are only females and they are all absolutely vicious. They mostly live in the trees and hate interacting with each other. Faery's are very arrogant and prideful and hate everyone outside of their species. In fact, I think I saw something that said that they hated each other as well."

Eve was oozing with anger at what the Wizards had labeled her kind as. Black started to cover the whites of her eyes and her irises started to glow. Lily let out a gasp; of shock or terror, Eve couldn't tell.

"Lily," Eve said calmly, though her appearance told other wise.

"Yeah?" Lily asked hesitantly.

"Wizards are idiots."