Chapter Thirty-Five

"She's Bellatrix's sister," Sirius told them, "She's the youngest of the four. It's her, then Narsissa, Andromeda- who's one of the few good ones- then, of course, there's Bellatrix as the oldest." They all sat in the boy's dorm room at Gryffindor tower.

Sirius had refused to tell them anything more about Vega until they away from prying ears and in the comfort of Gryffindor Tower where no pesky Slytherins could eavesdrop. The boys all sat on their beds, and Efa sat beside Sirius. Lily and Eve, however, made themselves comfortable on the ground after stealing some of James' and Peter's pillows.

"Is she 'one of the good ones' like Andromeda?" Efa asked, looking up at him curiously.

"I mean, she used to be nice, but I think she's trying to be like Bellatrix and Narsissa. Trying to make the Black family proud." He raised his hand in the air. "I haven't talked to her since I moved in with James, though."

"You haven't talked to her for a year?" Remus asked, "Didn't you say she was like Andromeda."

"I said, and I quote 'she used to be'," Sirius corrected his wolfy friend.

"Couldn't she just be doing it for show?" Peter asked, looking over at Sirius pointedly, "I mean, it's possible right?"

Sirius frowned as he though over it, "I mean, yeah, I guess. It's possible, but I feel like she would stop acting around me, don't you think."

"But she wasn't just with you, Sirius," Eve told him gently, "She was with Severus, Mairwen, four other Gryffindors, and Efa and I. I'm sure if you two were alone together, she might act like she normally does.

"Can we talk about something else?" Sirius pleaded, "Something that has nothing to do with my jacked up family?"

"What about your pranks?" Lily asked, changing the subject like the slightly distressed boy wished. "Hmm? Is someone still dismantling them?"

"Yeah," James pouted, "It's not Peeves, cause he would own up to them. We're no closer to figuring it out than we were a couple months ago."

"How are we supposed to figure it out if all they leave behind are feathers?" Peter asked.

"Can you not trace them?" Asked Efa, frowning at the witch and wizards.

Sirius looked down at her in confusion, "What are you on about, Efa? 'Trace them'?"

"Yeah," she shrugged, "You know, trace them back to their owner."

"Why didn't we think of that?" James stared at the wall opposite of him in complete shock and utter confusion. It fairly simple now that he did think about it. The next time whomever it was messed with one of their pranks, they could take the feather and charm it to lead them back to the owner. Or, instead of doing all of that extra work, they could stake out their own prank and wait for someone to come along and ruin it. "Or, guys, we could just stake out one of the pranks."

The girls looked over at him in confusion. "Have you guys not tried that yet?" Eve asked.

"Uh, no," Remus scratched the back of his neck.

"Why, not?" Lily narrowed her eyes at the four boys, "That's the first thing you should've done."

"We know that now, Lily-pads," James rolled his eyes. "I mean, I just came up with it."

"If you had asked us when this first happened, that would be the first thing we'd've told you!" Lily argued.

"Too late now."

Lily and Eve had left the boys to themselves as they planned their next prank and how to catch the person dismantling them. Instead of worry about it, they left that to the boys and Efa, who decided to stay back with Sirius. The two girls walked quietly through the halls and out into the grounds.

It was a nice and comfortable silence, nothing that was new to them. When the two girls usually spent time together, it was either just enjoying on another's company, or talking about trivial things. Most recently, however, they were talking about anything and everything to get their minds off what had occurred in the Forbidden Forest.

So, now, with no one speaking, the two were left with their thoughts which always seemed to stray to unnerving things. Like the Cruciatus Curse that was placed on Eve or the duel between Lily and a number of other Death Eaters. In fact, since the duel, Lily had been loosing confidence in her duel abilities. She'd been meaning to talk to somebody about it, to get someone to train her, but she never got to it.

Eve's mind, however, was on a different aspect of the duel: what did the Death Eaters want with her? She was a fairly inexperienced Faery. The elders of her village would've been far more useful, even Emitt knew more about Fae magic than she did. But they went after her. Did they not know about the village filled with Faeries that was only about two kilometers away from where they were standing. It was possible that they didn't know and only found out about her and Efa from their very public 'fights' by the Black Lake.

But, now, since they knew they couldn't get her, would they go after Efa? Is Efa in danger? What about Sirius? Or Lily?

No one was safe if they were connected to the twins. James, Remus, and Peter were most likely in danger as well. They had to get out of there.