Chapter Twenty-Five

The Christmas holidays came and passed quite quickly. Eve and Efa spent the winter season getting to know each other better, as did Elias and Emitt. Eve had planned on showing the other three to the magical tree that was covered in burnt runes. She led the three through the Forbidden Forest, through centaur territory and towards where she had found the tree.

The quartet, being led by Eve, ended up in an empty clearing just out of the centaur's territory, nearing on the unicorn's. Eve's bright smile, the one she had held the entirety of their small journey, quickly fell when she noticed the clearing was empty.

"It was right here!" Eve shouted in disbelief, pointing to where the giant old oak once stood.

"What was right there?" Efa asked as the two men looked on in confusion.

"The tree." Eve said. Flying away from her friends and towards where the tree once was, "Where'd it go?"

"I don't think trees can just disappear, love," Elias said, him and Emitt flying towards the girls.

"Well, this one did, Elias," Eve said frustrated at the Sprite.

"Calm down, Eve," Emitt said as he flew next to her.

"I am calm," Eve said calmly.

"You have to calm down, okay?" Emitt told her, taking her hands.

"I am calm," she said slightly more irritated.

"Calm down, Eve," Emitt said.

"I am calm!" Eve shouted at him.

"Breathe in. Breathe out." He placed his hands on her shoulders.

She let out an annoyed growl ad shoved his hands of her shoulder. "You must be joking? Are you serious, right now? Unbelievable."

"I need some air," Eve mumbled under her breath.

"You're already outside," Elias pointed out.

"Oh, hush up, the both of you," Efa snapped at the two.

"Away from men," Eve clarified with a glare sent to both of them.

Efa flew closer to Eve and held her to her side, "Come on, lets go see your girlfriend or someone."

"Girlfriend?" Eve asked in shock, quickly escaping from under Efa's arms and making her way in front of her. A faint blush rose to her cheeks, "Lily and I- we're not- we're not dating."

Efa narrowed her eyes at her twin, "I never said anything about Lily."

Eve's face would've turned redder if it could as she glared at Efa, "We're not dating."

"I never said you were," Efa smirked.

"What are doing?"

"What?"

"That thing on your face," Eve pointed to her own face- her mouth, "That half smile thing you're doing. Stop it."

"I'm just happy for you and Lily."

"We're not dating!"

"I never said you were!" Efa said laughing.

"Then what did you mean by 'happy for me and Lily'?" Eve asked, throwing her hands up.

"You guys are just such great friends from what you've told me," Efa said innocently.

"I'm onto you, Efa," Eve said with a glare, pointing at Efa's chest.

Efa let out a laugh. "Lets just go see Lily, yeah?"

"I don't even know where she is," Eve told her.

"Then lets find her." Efa said, grabbing onto Eve's wrist and pulling her through the Forbidden Forest and towards Hogwarts.

As they flew towards the castle grounds, snow started to fall.

Lily sat quietly in the library, attempting to ignore everyone around her as she studied for Transfiguration N.E.W.T.s that Professor McGonagall was pushing onto everyone in her N.E.W.T. class. Snow was gently falling outside of the library windows. It was probably snowing in the Great Hall as well. The redhead read through the transfiguration textbooks as the sixth years around her talked about the Apparition tests that were coming up.

The fifth and seventh years were far more stressed than her with their tests coming up, closing in on them. But as she read, she heard the whispering conversation of some Slytherins talking about Death Eaters and Voldemort. She looked over there to see who was talking, a grimace making its way onto her face when she spotted Severus talking over there with his "friends".

She shook her head in disappointment and went back to her reading. The redhead zoned everyone out as she read, ignoring the people around her. In her head, she told herself that she was going to snap at whoever distracted her.

When a small finger poked her shoulder. Lily looked up from her book and glanced behind her only to spot Eve and a blonde girl flying there. The sixth year's eyes widened in shock as she looked at the two Faeries, "What are you doing here?" She whispered after checking to make sure no one was looking.

"Eve wanted to see her girlfriend." The blonde smirked as Lily became quickly flustered.

"Eve and I- we aren't dating," Lily stuttered as her face turned red.

"Wow," Efa shook her head letting out a quiet chuckle, "Both of you assumed I was talking about each other. You guys should go out."

"Er," Eve didn't know how to respond.

"Uh," Lily was just as speechless.

"It's settled then," Efa smiled brightly at the two, "You're dating now."