Chapter Thirty-Six

The next three months of school went by far to quickly for everyone's liking, and soon enough everyone was off one summer holiday. Sirius and James had gone to the Potter residence whilst Peter and Remus went to their own homes. Lily was forced to go to the Evans' residence as well and deal with her sister and her future brother-in-law.

Eve and Efa were going to stay at Hogwarts for that summer. However, though, James and Sirius had invited the two over for the summer so they wouldn't be stuck alone at Hogwarts for the next three months. Efa was happy to go and spend time with Sirius and James, but Eve had opted to stay behind and talk with Emitt and maybe Elias some more. The two best friends hadn't spoken since around the time Efa and Elias showed up in their lives.

So, whilst Efa was hanging out with Sirius and James, Eve was reconnecting with a friend and making a new one.

Eve walked quietly along the grounds of Hogwarts towards the Black Lake. The castle was unusually quiet with all of the students and professors gone for the summer. It was weird, to Eve at the almost dead silence that rang out throughout the castle. She walked slowly, enjoying the scenery that she had known was there her entire life, but didn't actually start seeing until she fifteen.

The mountains were beautiful, something you couldn't see from within the dark canopy of trees and leave. Of course, there was also the Black Lake which you could sometimes catch a glimpse of in the forest.

She headed towards Emitt's tree by the Black Lake where James, Peter, Sirius, and Remus had made their hang out. Once she arrived at the beautiful tree which a friend called their home, she shrunk down and flew up to the place where she knew the door was placed.

Hesitantly, she knocked on the hidden door, hoping that either Emitt or Elias were home. After a couple of seconds, though, Emitt answered her wishes and opened the door for her, giving her a bright smile.

"Eve! I haven't seen you in so long," he wrapped her in a hug before offering her inside.

Eve and Emitt spent a majority of the day just catching up on everything they had missed as the two hadn't seen each other since the winter holidays. Elias, for some reason, wasn't there, but Emitt assured her that he would be there soon. Whilst they were waiting for the Sprite to return, the two just relaxed around Emitt's tree home.

She had ended up pulling out a book from his limited collection, he doing the same. Eve had picked a book at random, and ended up choosing a Faery tale. One of the many myths passed down through generations and generations of Fae. She held the book gently, the cover was worn, the title of that specific one faded to illegibility. The pages on the inside were yellowed, and corners were missing from a majority of the pages.

The book was entirely handwritten, the neat cursive handwriting not being smudged or faded in the slightest. Not telling the same story as the pages and cover. Eve flipped through it hesitantly, sure not to tear or rip any of the stuff pages, before returning to the beginning of the book.

"Now, let me tell you a tale...."