Chapter Eight

After Eve's encounter with Albus Dumbledore, she retreated to the forest and stayed for a long time. She mostly spend time in her small home that the tree allowed her to build inside of it. Occasionally, another Faery would visit to see how she was doing.

"Eve?" A quiet voice asked as he entered said Faery's home.

"Emitt?" Eve asked as she walked into the entrance of her home. She smiled slightly as she saw her friend, "What are you doing here?"

"I thought I should come to visit," Emitt answered shyly, "I haven't seen you for a long while and I was wondering if you were okay."

"That's very kind of you, Emitt, but I am fine," Eve smiled at the boy, "Would you like to come in?"

"If you're sure," he says, and when she nods he enters get tree home.

Emitt wore a raven black tunic with dark gray trousers and black boots were on his feet. Pointed oval wings were erecting from in between his shoulder blades, and pointed ears were clearly visible on the sides of his head.

Eve smiled at him once more causing the boy's cheeks to tinge a pink color. The Faery walked further into her home and the young Fae followed behind her. The duo sat down in her sitting room and started to talk the day away.

It was when the Easter holidays approached, did Eve encounter another human. She was visiting one of her more adventurous friends in his tree by the Black Lake when she saw a familiar red head.

Her emerald eyes widened comically when they met with Lily's same eyes.

While Eve had a look of shock, Lily just smiled brightly and waved at her before walking over to her.

"Hello, Lily, I haven't seen you since the night Remus caught me wandering the halls. But I guess that makes sense since I've only talked to you once, and I disappeared when a professor appeared."

"Don't worry about it," Lily said lightly, "Your name's Eve, right?"

"Yeah," Eve smiled, but frowned when she heard shouting.