Chapter Twelve

Lily had tried her absolute hardest with helping Eve find her sprite sister, but soon school was over, and the duo had barely gotten anywhere in finding her twin. But they did get to know each other better and decided that they would send each other letters over the summer until Lily returned for her sixth year.

"Hey, Eve," Lily said as she walked towards Eve who was sitting in a tree by the Black Lake.

Eve's short blonde hair waved in the wind as she turned her head. When their emerald eyes met, Eve gave a small smile, "Hello, Flower."

"So," Lily said rocking back on her heels and drumming her thighs, "Tomorrow's the last day of school."

"I know," Eve said as she rolled back on the branch and hung upside down on the branch by her legs as she crossed her arms and pouted, "Why do you have to leave?"

"Because my parents want me home," Lily stated, "But you can always owl me."

"I don't own an owl," Eve deadpanned.

"The use one of the school owls," Lily shrugged.

Eve hung upside down for a moment longer before flipping off the branch and landing gracefully on her bare feet. Her brown layered dress flew gracefully around her legs as Eve stared into Lily's eyes.

"Is this a goodbye?" She asked sadly.

"Only until September," Lily said with a smile trying to cheer the Faery up, "Besides, you can find someway to contact me, I know you're smart."

"Bu-"

"No buts," Lily gut the Faery off, "I have only one day to spend with you before I have to go back home, so we're going to make the best of it!"

And they did.

The two girls played around by the Black Lake, sometimes going into the water, if only up to their knees. They talked about anything and everything, and the duo showcased their different magic.

Lily told Eve about her mom, her dad, and her sister Petunia who couldn't didn't like having a 'freak' for a sister.

"You're not a freak, Flower," Eve assured, "Your sister is just jealous of the beautiful magic you possess."

Lily looked down at her hands as her face flushed the color of her hair. She shyly looked up at Eve with her emerald eyes and murmured out a small thanks.

"It's true, Flower," Eve stated before looking up at the setting sun, "Good night."

"Hmm?" Lily questioned but soon saw everyone heading back inside, "Oh. Yeah, I quests I'll see you in September. Do well to owl me or something."

"I will," Eve said.

Lily quickly wrapped the girl in a hug, momentarily shocking the Faery who hesitantly returned it. The redhead soon let go and gave a quick wave and a small goodnight before heading back up to the castle.

Eve stared at the castle and waited for Lily to disappear inside the giant wooden oak entrance doors before turning her back to the castle and retreated into the forest back to her home.