scene Four

A/N: Thank you so much for reading!!! ^u^

I unlocked the car, chattering away carelessly with Thomas. He laughed at something I said, and the sound rung pleasantly in my ears, widening my smile just that much more.
After pulling up the directions to his hotel, we were off, and despite it being a bit early for dinner (it was only six), we both agreed to it. Thomas was still a little tired from his red-eye flight, and my internal clock was a little off-set, what from my shenanigans earlier.

"Here we are!" I announced, pulling the car into park. Thomas quickly jumped out of the car as soon as we stopped, running over to my door to open it for me.
I blushed, and laughed lightly.

"Why thank you, good sir," I teased, and he just grinned right back, bowing playfully.

"My pleasure, your highness."
We both burst into laughter, walking towards the hotel and into the restaurant. It wasn't very busy, just a few families, and we quickly got seated in a booth.

"What're you thinking about getting?" I asked, and Thomas shrugged.

"It all looks pretty good to me, honestly. What about you?"

I shrugged as well, smiling. "I usually can't make up my mind until the waiter comes."
We both decided on some food, some random platters that sounded good, and sent our orders out.

"So, anything you wanted to do while you're here?" I asked, wanting to start up some more conversation.

"I might do Disneyland tomorrow, if you wanted to join me. I figured since tomorrow is a Tuesday and school is still in session, it shouldn't be too ridiculously busy."
I grinned.

"I'd love to come! I actually have a season pass." Pausing, I hummed for a moment, checking the calendar on my phone. "And I'm not doing anything for a few days. Disney sounds great!"

"It's a date then!" I blushed at his choice of words, and was instantly grateful when our food arrived.
Thomas took a bite of his steak, his eyes widening, and he let out a little sound of pleasure.

"That good?" I asked, tone light, as I tried my own chicken fettuccini Alfredo.

"Amazing. Here, try some!" He offered, holding out his fork with a little piece of the browned meat. I leaned forward, biting it gently, and the flavors exploded on my tastebuds.

"Mmm! That is amazing, you were right. Here, this is really good too, take a bite!" This time I held out my fork, and Thomas obliged, slurping one of the noodles quietly. We both laughed, and he agreed with me on the taste.

We continued to eat, trading casual banter and eating. We declined desert, feeling far too full, and we walked up to Thomas' hotel room, not wanting to part quite yet.
We both settled on his bed, staring up at the ceiling, hands folded on our chests.

"I'm so glad you're here," I told him, turning to smile at him.

"I'm glad I'm here too," he replied, his eyes sparkling beautifully.
We stayed there like that for awhile, listening to the rhythmic sound of each other's breathing, and just enjoying the quiet company.
My heart skipped a beat though when Thomas' hand moved to cover mine, intertwining our fingers perfectly.
I turned to look at him, surprised, but I found he was asleep.
Sighing contently, I gently kissed his forehead, before curling into his side, our hands laying between us.

I wanted to stay there forever, but I knew I needed to get home before we went to Disney tomorrow. Sighing, I gently nuzzled his cheek with my nose, allowing myself to imagine for a moment that we were both in love, and I was here for so much more than a friendly chat.

But the truth hurts, I supposed. Silently climbing out of bed, I pulled off his shoes, before turning off the light and leaving.

The drive home had never felt so lonely.