scene Ten

A/N: DON'T HATE ME PLEASE!! ;)

I rolled over, half-asleep, but my eyes widened as I realized I was falling. I scrambled to grab something, the sheets, the comforter, anything, but to no avail.
I fell on my back with a painful thud, groaning at the harsh wake up.
As my vision cleared, I became aware of a laughing Thomas peering over the side of my bed, his eyes sparkling playfully. I stuck my tongue out at him, and he bopped my nose, holding out the same hand to help me up. I gratefully accepted, and once I was standing, he pulled me back onto the bed, and I landed on his chest.

"Morning honey," he mumbled, giving me a quick peck.

"G'morning," I replied, yawning loudly near the end.
Thomas fell quiet for a moment, and I didn't think much of it as he threaded his fingers through my hair.

"I have to go back home tonight," he mumbled, his voice raspy like he was on the verge of tears. I gasped, shooting upwards, my hands on either side of his torso as I propped myself up.

"You're leaving already?"

He shrugged, his gaze trained on the wall behind me.
"Tickets got a lot more expensive after tomorrow for some reason. Besides, I can't be away for too long. I've got stuff I need to do in Florida."

My lip trembled, and I buried my head in his chest.
"I'm gonna miss you. I don't want you to leave..." I curled my hands around the fabric of his t-shirt, tears pricking at the corners of my eyes.

"I'm going to miss you too, Jon." He hugged me tightly, and we stayed there, both quietly crying.
I tried to memorize what his arms felt like around me, the pattern of his breaths, what his heartbeat felt like against my cheek.
I wished I didn't have to memorize him though. I wished I could just see him.