scene Seven

I woke up to the sensation of butterfly kisses across my face.
I smiled, giggling, and slowly opened my eyes, my grin only growing wider when I saw Thomas.

"Morning." His voice was deep and raspy, and I pecked his lip, not allowing myself to consider morning breath.

"Sleep well?" He continued, and I nodded.

"Much better with you here," I added, and he laughed, kissing my nose.

"Wanna call room service and just have a morning in?"

"Sounds like my cup of tea."
Thomas kissed me once again (I've lost count of how many times he's done that), before turning to order some random stuff on the phone.
I spent the time studying his gorgeous mug, tracing the edges of his jaw with my eyes, counting the freckles that stretched across his cheeks.
Once he was done, he turned back to me, and buried his face in my neck, inhaling deeply.

"I was worried that I'd wake up and find out this was all just a dream," he murmured, as I ran my fingers rhythmically through his hair.

"I was worried you'd wake up and realize you made a mistake," I responded, my voice quiet.
He wrapped his arms tighter around my waist, rubbing soothing circles into the small of my back.

"If you're a mistake I never want to do things the right way again."
I blushed, only humming in reply, and that was that.

The warm sunlight flitted through the cracks in the curtains, and it cast long, lazy shadows across the sheets. Our feet were tangled beneath the covers, and we laid in comfortable silence, the only noise the soft twittering of the birds outside our window.

Thomas' shirt felt nice against my skin, just a few sizes too big, but it felt like home.
Everything about Thomas felt like home.
So, I wriggled just a bit closer to him, and let myself relax in his embrace.

This was so much more than I could've ever imagined, so much better than I could've ever dreamed.
After all, this was real.