scene Six

My hands slid up from Thomas' neck into his hair. I gently ran my fingers through it, and that seemed to snap him out of it.
He jolted away from me like he had been shocked, and my eyes snapped open, my face flushing a deep maroon.

"Shit, Jon, I'm so-" I realized he didn't think I liked him back-which was so far from the truth, and promptly cut him off by slamming my lips back onto his right where they belonged.

"Just shut up and kiss me, you idiot," I mumbled against his lips, and he obliged, his arms wrapping tightly around my waist.
The end of the fireworks show pulled us away from each other, and I smiled, resting my forehead on his.

"If you haven't figured it out yet, I love you," he whispered, his enrapturing eyes sparkling tantalizingly.

I blushed, biting my lip, and turned my gaze lower, to his chest, gently tracing his fingers with my own.

"And I love you," he replied just as softly, and he smiled, tilting his chin up to kiss me, slowly and lovingly, before standing up. He held a hand out to me, and I accepted it, blushing darker when he pulled me up into his chest.
We strolled to the gates, his arm wrapped around my waist, mine around his, walking in comfortable silence to the car.
As I drove to his hotel, he intertwined his fingers in mine, singing along to the Daya song playing from the radio. His thumb rubbed the back of my hand comfortingly while he did so, and he only let go when we got to the parking lot.

Thomas turned to me, raising his hand to cup my cheek as he kissed me again, his lips warm and soft and comfortable against my own.

"I don't want to say goodnight," he murmured, nipping my bottom lip gently.

I gasped, my hands quickly finding his hair.

"Then don't."

He smiled against my lips, pulling away. He opened his door, and I mimicked him, and hand-in-hand, we ran to the front doors of his hotel, giggling like the lovesick fools we were.
Thomas fumbled with his door key, but once we were in, he tackled me to the bed, his lips devouring mine.
Once it began to become just a little too heated, we pulled apart, looking deep into each other's gazes, and we could both tell neither of us was quite willing to go all the way quite yet.

But that was alright. There was always tomorrow, after all.

Until then, I slid my hands around his neck, and he wrapped his around my torso, and we fell asleep, heartbeats matching and spirits higher than usual.