scene Nine

I was back in my own bed.
It was weird sleeping without Thomas beside me. The bed felt empty, cold, like the sheets were a thousand miles across, and I was just a little speck in the middle of nowhere.
I wish I had just stayed with him. But I did need to come back home. I needed to get my own clothes, to get my own hairbrush and all these other stupid silly things I wish didn't matter.
I needed Thomas.

I sighed, turning over to look at my clock. The numbers read half past two in the morning, and yet I wasn't any closer to sleep than I was three hours ago.
I was tired, yet I couldn't sleep.

My phone vibrated, and I rolled over so I could reach where it was laying, plugged in, on the floor.
Luckily, the brightness was all the way down, but it still took a moment for my eyes to see it.

Thomas ❤️💛💚💙💜💗: Are you asleep?
Me: No.
Thomas ❤️💛💚💙💜💗: I figured so much. Come open your front door

I gasped, jumping up. My bare feet slapped against the cold wood floor, but I paid it no mind as I practically slammed into the door, struggling to unlock it.
Once I managed to pull the dang thing open, I flew into Thomas' arms, and he laughed, his arms tight and comfortable and just so right around my waist.
I kissed him, hard, not caring if I seemed clingy. We had only been apart for a few hours, but it felt like an eternity. I had only had such little time with him, and it seemed even more precious now that we were, well, dating.

"Hello," he chuckled, before kissing me again.

A/N: just a little update before bed. Night!