In an Endless Sea [Chapter XI: PERCY]

Chapter XI

PERCY

The sun is shining bright in the horizon. It's as if Apollo is having a fashion show in the sky.

I've seen Apollo in person and believe me when I say he likes showing his boy-next-door charm with his sports car which happens to be the sun.

"What's up, Seaweed Brain?" I felt Annabeth's hand holding mine.

"Just thinking things through." I told Annabeth. I was really enjoying the moment I'm having with her now. ALONE. No one else, just us.

Moments like these are those I'd give anything just to experience. Moments I have with Annabeth. Moments I have with the girl I love.

The morning is as quiet as the night when everyone is asleep.

Only then I'd realized Hazel, Frank, Jason, Piper and Leo are still asleep, which is very unusual because they are usually the first ones to be on deck every morning.

"Don't you find it weird? They should be awake by now, shouldn't they?" I asked Annabeth. She seemed to be realizing it too.

"Yeah. I thought Leo is already awake. I heard him talking to someone in his room when I passed by his cabin. i thought he got out already." I saw how worried Annabeth was. Maybe there's really something wrong.

"Hey guys, up so early?" I saw Hazel, Frank, Piper and Jason on deck but still there's no sign of Leo.

"Have you seen Leo? Is he awake?" I asked the newcomers. Right now I really wish Coach Hedge was here. He has that authority to keep everyone calm. well maybe not during monster attacks but with situations like this he is the best one to get it under control.

"No. I mean, maybe he's in his room or something." Frank said while he looked behind him only to see Leo's cabin on fire.

The guy used to be scared of fire but now I don't know why he can go near it without any sign of fear and the weird thing was he was so worried about Leo he stumbled his way to Leo's cabin door.

The flame doesn't seem to burn the room or any part of the Argo II. It doesn't seem to spread either. It's just there.

I can smell a familiar stinge.

The smell of Sulfur.

The smell of Tartarus.

I looked at Annabeth. I saw FEAR in her FEARLESS gray eyes.

"Percy can it be?" She said. Her voice faltered.

"Yes, Annabeth. I think it is what it seem." I answered her with a shaky voice.

I felt FEAR, DEPRESSION AND DESPERATION in my system. The same feeling I had in Tartarus.

I know Annabeth was feeling it too.

I walked up to her. I hugged her. I felt a burning sensation in my gut. The same feeling I felt when I drunk the fire water from the river Pyriphlegethon in Tartarus.

I felt the curse of the monsters I've killed again.

I looked at Annabeth to see if she was experiencing the curse of Calypso but no. Good. I mean better than seeing her close but can't get anywhere near her. At least I have her with me. I realized she looked the same as when the death mist took effect on both of us. SHE LOOKED DEAD.

All of my experience with her in Tartarus went back. I felt my soul slowly drifting away from my body.

I can see Hazel, Farnk, Jason and Piper's mouth moving but I can't hear nor understand a word they say.

I feel I'm falling to an endless pit. A pit leading to Tartarus. I felt my life force shut down. I felt dead.

I fell into a deep sleep wondering if I'll ever be able to wake up again.

==========

A/N: I tried making it a cliffhanger but..... I think I failed with that. :D Percy's back to Tartarus, ey? Nooooooo. T___T so how's this chapter? hope you like it. Share your thoughts. Comment below. :**

Hello! :)

~treshieyow<3:* xx