Chapter Two - First Encounter

Ava's P.O.V
I drove home ecstatic about my new job, my dad will be so proud of me!
"DAD? DADDY I HAVE SOME REALLY EXCITING NE-"
Oh yeah, the meetings. I guess it will have to wait.

Alfred came rushing downstairs.

"Miss Wayne are you alright I heard you shouting for your father?"

"Alfred it's Ava, and yes I'm just fine"

"Come on, tell me what's wrong"

"Well I got a promotion at work, I'm now a nurse an-"

"Well that's wonderful mis- Ava " he interrupted.

"Well it would be if my dad was here, I really wish he was here so I could tell him, you know"

"Well he will be home at the weekend, and I can help you throw a surprise party perhaps? That would be fun!"

"That would be fun, thanks Alfred" I gave him a hug and wandered upstairs.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-(TIME SKIP)*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
I woke up and headed off to work, I decided to walk today to clear my thoughts.

I finally arrived and I threw on my scrubs and began treating my patients. I love my new job, I have saved so many lives and although I might not be a well known hero like my dad, I am a hero to the people I have saved and I couldn't ask for more. That's why I love my job.

Today they announced they were sending some of the nurses to Arkham Asylum to give the patients check ups. I really hope I get this job, I have always been intrigued by criminals.

My boss read out the names of those attending, I patiently waited to see if I was chosen.

"Sandy powelles, Neville Granger, Amanda Smith, Ava Wayne, Jessica Anderson"

I mentally fist pumped and got ready for my visit.

They told us to wear normal clothes as wearing hospital clothes can scare the patients. That made me slightly nervous but it will be heavily guarded so I think I'll be fine.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"So Ava, you will be working with The Joker, Amanda your with Catwoman"

Oh my god I totally forgot my mother was here, I have to visit her, no I can't. It's too dangerous, she hates me! I mean she left me, she can't love me. I pushed these thoughts aside and walked into the building.

We did numerous security checks before entering the intensive care unit, I had two guards guiding me to the Joker. On the way there I saw, Scarecrow, Two face and some other intimidating villains, the one that stuck out the most was the joker, his vibrant emerald hair contrasted with his chalky white skin. He gave me a wink and began laughing hysterically.

I hesitantly walked into his cell, refusing the offers of the guards as they asked to assist me. This guy intrigued me.

"Hello I'm A-"

"Ava Wayne, daughter of Bruce Wayne. Batmans daughter." He chuckled and stared at me.

"H-how did you know that?"

"I know everything doll"

"Well i just need to ask you a few questions"

"Ask away"

"Why are you here?"

"I kill people"

"Why?"

"For fun, it makes me... Laugh"

I fiddled with my pen and wrote down some notes, he was a character I'll tell you that. I continued to ask him questions about his life and time in prison.

"Well I think I'm done here, Thank you"

He stood up slowly and looked me in the eyes, his suddenly turned darker as he lunged towards me, slamming me against the wall. I hit my head and began feeling very dizzy. Guards rushed in handcuffing him and taking him away. I stood up when the dizziness subsided and walked home distraught.