Chapter 22 - Task Force What?

Chato's p.o.v
I ran over to the huddle of people, and pushed my way through.

Harley was on top of Ava and she had a bloody nose and an already formed black eye.

I grabbed Harley's arms, burning them slightly in anger.

"Ouch!" She squealed and some guards took her away, I picked up Ava and she was out cold. She wasn't dead, she was still breathing, but her lips were turning blue as if she was cold.

Some more guards came and took Ava to another room, I just sat there in awe of how beautiful that girl was. I actually have something in common with somebody for once. But I can't fall for her, I won't be able to keep her safe when I get angry, and I won't let the accident happen again. Not to Ava.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Ava's p.o.v

I had fully recovered from the fight. Well I say fight but it was just me getting completely wasted by Harley, I probably deserved it for "stealing" her "puddin"

I heard shouting from down the hall and it was getting closer.

"Let her go this instant! She hasn't done anything wrong Waller, and this is my prison!" It was my dad!

I ran up to the glass and it started freezing up a little bit as it touched it.

They finally got to my cell and they looked in.

"See, she's a threat, she can't even touch glass without it freezing"

"It's the Jokers and Robins fault, they triggered her anger and now this ability will not go away" A doctor said from behind them.

"Never?" My dad said in shock.

"Never" the doctor

I slumped to the floor and sobbed into my hands, I'm stuck in here forever. And I haven't even done anything wrong.

"She doesn't deserve this!"

"I know she doesn't but we have no choice Mr. Wayne, she could be highly dangerous!"

He just sighed and looked at me.

"I'm sorry dad, I didn't know I could do this, I-I"

"It's not your fault baby, you haven't done anything wrong at all" he said softly.

"I think I have an idea, a way for you to gain our trust"

Mine and my dads heads snapped up and looked at Amanda.

"I have assembled a team, they're an... Interesting bunch. But I'm sure you'll fit right in, and we could use your skills. It's called Task Force X. We are using bad to fight against evil. In this case The Enchantress, if you go on this mission, without one hiccup. Your sentence can be shortened to two months"

I hopped up and went back to the window.
"When do I start?"

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Two guards pulled me out of my cell and handcuffed me, they dragged me outside and stood me in front of a plane thingy.

Other inmates were arriving, along with the Australian dude, the cute black guy and Harley ugh.

One person caught my eye though. Chato.

He smiled at me and I returned the gesture,

"Hello inmates, your mission starts today. You will be accompanied by Katana and Rick Flagg to make sure you do not try anything. Also Flagg has they button to an explosive in the back of your neck. It is the size of a rice grain, but has the power of a hand grenade"

Everyone felt the back of their necks for a bump but I didn't have one. This confused me a little but I just carried on listening.

"Here is a bag with your belongings and weapons inside, please look through and choose whatever you would like to take"

I opened the duffle bag and rummaged through, I found my latex dress that I wore the night I got "shot" and the joker found me. But it didn't have the hole we cut into it. It must be a new one.

I saw Harley stripping off so I thought I'd do it now while all the attention was on her. I got slightly jealous when I saw Chato staring at her too if I'm honest.

I stripped of my orange uniform and out some tights on. I was half way through pulling up my dress, when I noticed every eye on me. My cheeks reddened in embarrassment and I pulled it up fully.

I slipped on my boot heels and looked around for the mask.

Dammit, joker took it that night. Oh well I'll have to do without. I pushed weapons around looking for my golden batarangs and black and gold gun. I shoved the batarangs in my boot and the gun in the other, as I'd probably just use my powers now anyway.

This was going to be fun.

Not.