Chapter 23 - Drinks

Ava's p.o.v

TIME SKIP

I was pushed down by one of the ugly monster things and it started bounding over to me, but I froze it before it got to me. Boomerang pulled his hand out and helped me up, we are actually good friends but he's a lunatic so I tend to stay away.

We dodged the creatures when suddenly loud gunshots belted around the streets, we saw Deadshot standing on a car shooting all the hideous beings.

I ran over to him, grabbing another batarang that I'd thrown earlier.

"Let's get going" Rick said.

We heard a smash and we all got our guns ready.

It was just Harley stealing a really ugly bag

"What the hell is wrong with you people?"

"We're bad guys, it's what we do" She said as if it was obvious, and sauntered away.

"Well I don't know about you guys but I'm getting a drink" Deadshot said.

"You still need to finish the task" Rick said.

But he was too late as we all followed Deadshot into an abandoned bar.

Harley poured us all shots and cocktails and we sat there reminiscing on the recent events.

I zoned out until I heard him say.

"The worst part is they're gonna blame us for the whole thing"

I grunted and had a shot.

"Woah mamacita, slow down we still have fighting to finish"

I rolled my eyes but smiled, we have something going on but I don't know what yet.

"Nah let her get fuck faced, I might bang her later!" Boomerang said obnoxiously so I froze his drink. He just threw it to the ground and laughed, walking away.

I went to sit next to KC, he looked kinda lonely and nobody really spoke to him.

"Hey Big guy"

"What?"

"You okay?"

He grunted.

"You ain't scared ah me?" He smiled lightly.

"No, I've seen worse... trust me" I laughed.

He showed a very toothy grin and pulled up his hood.

I went back to the bar and I heard Chato talking about his family, I can't believe he killed them! Would he kill me if he could? Was he just being nice because he had that chip in his neck, or was it genuine?

Rick entered and sat next to me, we became friends as I wasn't actually a bad person, and I was relatively normal.

"I kept this from you, I think this would be a good time to give it to you"

He passed me a small package and i opened it, inside was some blusher?

I read the note and it was from my dad.

"Thought this would put some colour back into your face, see you soon xx"

What an odd gift, I suppose I was very pale since I got bleached at Ace but why would he send me it now? When I'm in the middle of a mission?

"Thank you"

"No problem"

He reached into his pocket and pulled out the device with the guy's faces on it, this is how he blew up their bomb. He smashed it on the table and the bombs defused.

What on earth was he doing?