Chapter 44 - Hello, love

Ava

I was back!

I'd never felt so free in my whole life, and nothing was going to stop me this time. Not even Joker.

I found my way out of the cemetery, and started walking the streets in search for my home. In search for my family.

I felt more alive than ever, walking down the streets like a queen. I finally made it home, but I didn't know what to do, do I just walk in? Do I knock? Mark won't even believe it's me for goodness sake!

Shakily, I brought my hand up to the door and knocked three times.

About thirty seconds later, a very tired looking mark opened the door.

"Mark... it's me... Ava"

He blinked a few times before the realisation hit him. He ran forward and gave me the biggest hug anybody had ever given me, I was finally home.

"But how? Did you use? Why is your hair?" He asked about five different questions without even finishing each sentence.

"Well, it started snowing at my funeral? Yeah that must have triggered my powers and the feeling in my hands came back, and my hair? What about it?"

I walked into the house and looked in the mirror; my hair was chalk white, almost purple. It looked pretty awesome if you ask me. Mark came up behind me in the mirror and hugged me from behind.

"I've missed you so much, I can't believe you're back. I love you sweetheart" he kissed my cheek, tears pouring down his cheek.

"I love you too, I won't leave you again"

I lifted my hand up to his face, turned my head and kissed him sweetly on the lips.

I have already said it but.. I'm finally home.

I walked into our room, instantly seeing my wedding dress lying on the bed. Blood covering the front.

"Mark!"

"Yeah?" He said running in.

"Why did you keep this?"

"It's the only thing I had left, it was like I was touching you, you were still with me when I was asleep" he said sheepishly.

"Cmon"

"What?"

I hopped into bed, him lying next to me.

I snuggled into his chest and we both fell asleep, me to the sound of his snores, and him to the sound of my healthy, beating heart.