Chapter 51 - The End

Nobody's p.o.v

The end of the story is simple.

Ava Wayne died.

She just died.

Nobody was there to save her this time, she'd finally got what she wanted. And now she's gone.

Everybody thought she would come back again, even her dad. But after months of being buried under six feet of soil, they knew she didn't have a chance.

Jokers p.o.v

I watched as the one person I ever had a slight feeling for, vanished from sight. Her life slipped away right in front of my eyes. And I couldn't even do anything, even though I was at the other side of the door. I continued to pound on the door with my bare white fist, trying to break the glass.

Ivy touched my shoulder, pulling me back as the water was finally entering our section.

We ran backwards, and sprinted up the stairs. When we reached the right height the water had stopped pouring in and we were safe.

Selena fell into a clump on the floor and cried uncontrollably.

"My b-baby, I only just got her b-back and now she's- she's gone" she sobbed into her hands.

"Oh cat, she's in a better place shugga' I'm sure" Harley said.

"No she fucking isn't! The best place for her was at home, and I took her away from that home" she continued crying.

I blanked out, walking towards a random truck of guys. I grabbed one of their guns and before they could even help themselves all their brains were now decorating the van.

I drove away, all I could do was stare forward. How the hell did I not save her. She was right there joker! What the hell were you thinking!? You should have dragged her back whilst you had the chance. I drove up the side of a mountain, on a twisty road with a thin metal railing. I looked out onto the view. Ava would have loved this. She loved me...

And I- I think I loved her. I'd never remotely liked anything before. Even my henchmen meant nothing to me, I kill them for fun.

I drove faster up the mountain, even though the speed limit was 20 I was going 60 at least. It wasn't until I saw Ava in the middle of the road that I snapped from my trance, but by the time I'd realised she was just a figment of my imagination, I'd turned the truck to steer away. And my truck was falling. Falling down the side of the mountain.

I instantly knew I was going to die, but I was somewhat happy and relieved. I felt calm.

"HA HA HA HA HA" I laughed until the truck collided with the forest below, and blew up everything. Killing me instantly.

I really was a damaged monster.

-----------------------

THE END