Chapter 46 - Burns

Ava

I loudly sobbed into Marks chest, waiting for his heartbeat to restart, however it never did.

"Mark, Mark please" I cried.

I grabbed his hand and wrapped it around my shoulder, I closed my eyes and tried to pretend I was sleeping and he was sleeping next to me, however I couldn't focus.

The bricks below me burnt my skin, big red marks speckled my arms and back, but I didn't feel a thing.

I looked back up at his face, slowly reaching my hand up and closing his eyes with two fingers, he was never going to say "I love you Ava" ever again, I'll never see his eyes looking down at me. We will never have children and I can't live without him.

I slowly began to stand, stumbling on the pile of broken bricks.

The sirens stopped as I saw people being pulled into ambulances and police cars. A paramedic ran over to me.

"Hey ma'am please follow me" he said holding his hand out to take.

"No, take him, and bring him back.. please" I cried.

He walked over to Mark and checked his pulse eagerly.

"I'm sorry he's-"

"No! Help him now!"

"We can take him to the hospital, get someone to clean him up, we'll take him with you"

I nodded hesitantly, regretting my decision but knowing it was best.

The man led me to the ambulance and they started checking up on me.

"Do you feel any pain?"

"Urm a little on my back, I was lying on a warm brick" I said sadly.

"Can I take a look?"

"Y-yeah sure" I said, not wanting her to see all jokers tattoos.

She lifted up my top slowly, revealing whatever was there.

"Oh my goodness, we need to get you there very quickly, it seems that your skin had severe burns, get they have been iced over somehow? We need to find a specialist"

"Oh - okay"

They gave me a seat to sit on and drove Mark into the back on a gurney, covered with a translucent sheet.

----------------------------

"It seems the ice completely healed your wounds mrs Davison, you don't know how the ice got there do you?"

"No no, but as long as they've gone then that's great... can I go?" I lied.

"Yes of course"

So now I know that my powers heal burns, sweet.
I was making my way through the dusty city, the pale moonlight shining down.

I now had to plan Marks funeral, I don't think I can deal with him being gone. If this is how he felt when I died then I don't know how he carried on.

I didn't even realise it a car had pulled up beside me, and rolled its window down.

"Avangaline"

"Joker"