Chapter 43 - Eyes

I got home, and basically laid in an unwanted blob on my bed. I rolled over to my bag and emptied out the contents, that's when I found what I was looking for.

I took out the bloody wedding dress, it hadn't been washed and I was happy. I still had part of her with me. You might think I'm absolutely crazy, and probably idiotic but you know, she's my wife. Well was. And it's the only thing I have left, the only part of her I can still touch. So I'll never wash it.

I laid it over a pillow and cried into it. I am crying way too much, but sometimes crying is the only way to get through I find.

-------------------

(Unknown p.o.v)

Cold

Everything was cold.

I couldn't wake up, I don't know why. I just couldn't.

I could hear everything, the beep that 'ended' my life. Mark crying over my body, even his tears pouring on to my face. But I couldn't move. I heard the four words nobody ever wants to hear. 'You're baby is dead'

Even though I didn't even know this baby existed, nothing has ever broken my heart more, even being dead.

I could feel myself being lowered down; probably into my grave. Crying echoed through my ears before I couldn't hear anything at all.

Suddenly everything became even colder, and snow seeped into my clothing.

I felt a sharp pain rushing through my fingertips, and I knew exactly what was happening.

The feeling came back into my hand as my fingers twitched, then it moved to my arms and legs and soon enough everything was coming back.

Without opening my eyes I scratched away at the roof of the coffin. I pressed my hands against the top and a cold rush shot through my hands, shooting the roof very high into the sky.

I crawled up, out of the hole they dug for my resting place and into the world once again.

Ava Wayne was back.

I opened my eyes.