Chapter 41 - Goodbye, Love

Marks p.o.v

"I'm very sorry Mark, Avangaline-"

"Ava!" I shouted, correcting the nurse.

"I'm sorry, Ava - she didn't make it"

"No, she did- she did! She's fine, she's just sleeping! She'll wake up right?" I panicked, knowing my angel was gone.

"I'm very sorry sir"

I fell to the floor, on my knees. Clutching my hair and crying.

"Can I see her?!?"

"Yes, but it can be quite distressing, are you sure you would like to?"

"Yes"

I walked into the hospital room and Bruce was already there, crying over his now deceased daughter.

I saw the lifeless look on her face, her lips cracked and a blueish-purple colour. He face was pale and not one bit of colour was splashed onto her cheeks. The usual grin that plastered her perfect face was gone, and was replace with a dull grimace.

"Goodbye, love" I cried into her hand.

My world. My wife. She was gone.

I gripped her hand, wanting to feel her fingertips run over my palm one more time, I put another hand through her hair, pulling it away from her face. I looked down to her chest, there was a blue cloth covering it, but blood had seeped through and the once blue fabric was now stained crimson. I spotted her wedding dress hung on the wall and I went to grab it, I shoved it into my backpack, whilst Bruce wasn't looking.

"Mark, can we please have a word? I have some very important news" One of the nurses came in to ask me.

"Yeah sure" I followed him into another room and he sat me down.

There was some kind of scan on a screen, it looked very strange and I couldn't quite make out what it was.

"I have some very sad news"

"What could be worse than my wife dying on our wedding day? Please try and top that, I will be amazed if you can"

"Well, when we did the full body X-ray on Miss Avangaline-"

"Ava!" I said sternly.

"Ava - sorry - we noticed something strange in her stomach, we thought the bullet had travelled but we were wrong"

"So, what was it?"

"Ava, well Ava-"

"Spit it out! Please, stop getting me more worried!"

"Ava was pregnant"