Chapter 12 - Play Dead

Ava's p.o.v
We were all ready to go. They led me to the bat mobile and we all jumped in.

"So honey the reason we brought you along, is because well. Joker is the one we are chasing, he was sighted earlier, so we want to lure him in with you. You are still gonna come with us in the future, and you'll be great, and I know it's gonna be scary having him there without us, but if he appears you scream and we are there okay?"

I was taken back by the news, they are leaving me in the dark alone with him?

"No, yeah... Yeah that's fine, totally fine"

I shook my head trying to find some courage to stand up to him. We stopped and in the distance I saw the infamous purple Lamborghini.

"So, your gonna go halfway there and when you get halfway shoot in the air and he'll come to the source of the gunshot hopefully. Before you go put this fake blood on your stomach then when he picks you up scream and if he doesn't and leaves you, shoot"

I gulped and shakily opened the fake blood bottle, my dad helped me get it looking realistic by using some scissors to cut my dress. My brand new dress, thanks dad! And putting some dark paint to look like a hole then covering it with blood, I then put some dripping from my mouth for extra effect and to make it look like I've just coughed it up... Gross.

"You're good to go"

I breathed out and opened the door, gripping my gun tightly. Tears began pouring silently down my face, I suppose this will make it look realistic? I was halfway there and I could see his neon green hair shining in his headlights, luckily he couldn't see me as I was out of the light. I laid on the ground as if I'd just fallen and shot into the air. I heard him shout what the fuck. Classic joker.

I heard footsteps getting louder and then they got quicker as if they were running.

Jokers p.o.v

"What the fuck?"

I ran over to the source of the sound and saw a girl on the ground. As I got closer I quickened my pace as I recognised that hair, them gorgeous lips. It was my Ava.

"Shit shit shit, Ava!"

She had blood dripping from her mouth and stomach. She did look sexy in that mask though. I quickly snatched it and stuffed it in my pocket.

When I pressed my hand down on the wound, no more blood came out? I traced my finger along her wound and the black smudged?

"I know you didn't get shot Ava"

Her eyes shot open and she started breathing heavily. I picked her up and made her stand. I started walking around her menacingly and her lip started trembling. I pulled her close to me and covered her mouth with my hand. I started dragging her over to the car but I felt a hard cold object press against my head. She had a gun all that time? She whacked it against my head and I fell unconscious, all I heard was.

"The jokes on you now huh"

Then she screamed.

Ava's p.o.v

"AAAAAHHHHHHH"

My dad and Robin ran over to me from the darkness and high fived and hugged me.

"Good work, back to Arkham for you" my dad said.

He handcuffed him behind his back and put duct tape round his mouth.

I had to sit in the back seat with him on the way to the asylum. By the time we got there he'd woken up but it was too late, he was locked up for good.

Goodbye mistah J....

For now.