Chapter 1

Today was moving day for me and Abigail. We were finally moving in together after six months, I have never been so happy with anyone in my entire life. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. There were a lot of people that said we are foolish for moving in together.

We still have so much to learn about each other, but it was all worth it to be living together. I still had a few hours left at the hospital before I had the chance to go home and help Abigail with all her stuff for the new house.

My beeper went off and I was called to the ER. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by some of my staff that was helping me. They all had friendly smiles on their faces and that made my heart happy.

I looked into the theatre window and saw the little boy lying there on the hospital bed he was in for a heart transplant. My heart felt a sudden change of emotions, my heart was breaking for that little boy. Children his age has to be healthy running around and making their parents mad. They shouldn't be stretched out on a hospital bed getting an operation. Having to go through all of that pain and hours and hours spend laying in a hospital bed.

I wash my hands and my assistant helped me dry them, she pushed the theatre door open for me as I tied my mask behind my head. We still had a few minutes left before I had to start operating on him.

I called my staff closer and they knew by now what my ritual was, it was time to pray for this little boy and also to make all of our hearts calm, so we could do this operation to the best of our abilities. We took each other's hands and I told them to close their eyes. The fact that we held hands meant that we felt closer to God and we knew that we were going to work together as one body to fix this little boy.

"Dear God, we lay Caleb's little body down at your feet. Please God give me and my whole team the strength to perform this surgery to the best of our ability. We ask you to protect our hands and minds from evil that will try and take over while we are operating on Caleb. Make us calm and open our minds. We ask it in your name, Amen." Everyone said amen and they went back to their positions.

Everyone was calmer and more open minded. I looked down at Caleb and touched his hand. "God is with you." I whispered softly to him.

~ 4 Hours Later ~

I walked to the parents in the waiting room, I wiped my forehead off with my hospital cap, this was one nerve wrecking operation. I kept my head down and it felt like I had been carrying the world on my shoulders at that moment. Everything felt so heavy.

Talking to the parents was one of the hardest things about this job. On my way to his parents Sarah tapped me on the shoulder, I turned around and looked at her. She had a few tears in her eyes, but she faked a smile, trying to take some of the weight off my shoulder.

"Noah, I will do it with you." The tears in her blue eyes started fading away.

"Thank you Sarah, will you just come with me when I tell them?"

"Sure, it's going to be okay." She pulled me in for a hug making some of the sadness I had in my heart fade away.

We kept on walking to the parents. They were just sitting there waiting for news about their little boy as we got closer they stood up. Caleb's mother kept holding her hands together and I could see her repeating the words 'please Jesus' under her breath.

Sarah touched the father's hand and the mom started crying knowing that something was wrong.

"I am sorry Mr and Mrs Jones I did everything that I could, but his heart stopped beating after we closed him up." The mother's sobs became louder and that tore my heart in two.

"No God, why did you take my baby?" The mother fell down on her knees and I got down on mine next to her wrapping my arm around her.

"God please keep this family safe and please make them calm through this storm."

Being a doctor doesn't mean I can save everyone I just try and do it, but if it's God's plan to come and get them then who am I to stand in his way.

*So here is the first chapter, I hope you enjoy it. I really like writing this book and now that inspiration struck even more, I can't wait to give you the whole book on a silver platter, but I need to finish it first.

Stay sweet xoxo