Chapter 16

I tried speaking but my mouth felt dry and it felt like my tongue was swollen. My mother just showed me with her hand to stay quite and not say anything. My family are going to disown me after today.

I took in a deep breath and excused myself from the table, I needed some water and also get away from the tension at the table, you could cut the tension with a knife more than three times and still it wouldn't be gone.

I walked into the kitchen and saw my father standing at the counter top with his bible and his hands held together, he was busy praying and I think I was at the top of his list, a few tears ran down his cheek and the words that he uttered made me sad as well.

"My God, where did we go wrong with Noah?" It felt like my heart fell out of my chest and shattered into a million pieces, pieces all over the floor and there was no way that it could be prepared.

"Dad, please forgive me?" He just looked at me with sad eyes and my eyes held the same message as his.

"It's not my forgiveness that you should ask Noah, it the Lord's forgiveness that you should ask. You know just as much as I do that dating that girl is wrong and she can make or break you. She is not send from God for you."

How can he judge her when he just met her? He doesn't know her the way that I do.

"The bible says when we judge we will be judge by God someday, just give her a chance and you will see she is a great girl." I meant every word I said about her.

"Yeah maybe she is a great girl, but don't you think your beliefs are going to get in the way sooner or later. She doesn't believe in God like you do and you never know if she has a way with words and changes your mind to make you believe in something else."

"She knows how I feel about God and she will never get it right to change my beliefs because I know where I stand with God."

I walked to the sink, took one one of the glasses that was on dry rack and filled it with water, I took a big sip making the dryness in my mouth disappear. My fathers words felt like it left a knife in my back over and over again.

"Dad, stop worrying okay. Maybe God placed her on my path so that I can help her get to where she needs to be and maybe she just needs someone that won't give up on her. Dad, it was hard for me at first when I found out, but I can't just give up now. I really love her and I know she love me as well." He closed his bible and looked at me he had no facial expression and he looked like he was dead inside.

"I will stay out of this, I am just saying that remember with two different beliefs it makes things difficult in the house. You let the Lord in, but she lets the Devil in or whatever thing she believes in. Just be careful and pray for her and your house everyday."

"I can promise you this dad, I pray for her everyday and I won't ever stop until I know that she accepted God."

He pulled me in for a hug and held me tight for a few moments. In that moment I felt love from him, but also from God. Sometimes a hug can make you feel better and at this moment I knew I needed one of my dad's hugs.

"I love you Noah and I didn't mean what I said about where we went wrong with you, you turned out the way we wanted you too and that is more than enough for us." He held onto my shoulders.

"I love you too dad, just promise me that you won't make things worse than it already is. I really love this girl she makes me happy." He pulled me in for a hug again.

He closed his bible and we walked outside joining the rest of the family.

God I know you are going to step in very soon.

*Hope you sill enjoy this story, my heart is so happy to see this book do so good with the rankings. I hope this book finds the right person that reads it.

Remember to vote and comment.

Stay sweet xoxo