Chapter 5

She just kept looking at me strangely as she sat down on my bed, she moved my Bible to the end of the bed making it fall off, I quickly caught it so that nothing would fall out. I placed it down on the bedside table and sat down next to her.

"What are you doing Noah?" She bites her lip in between her teeth and it looked like she was drawing blood from it.

"I was praying my dear." She tilted her head to the side and raised her eyebrow looking at me strangely.

"Why would you do that?" Was she really questioning me about this?

"Why wouldn't one pray? I prayed for the lovely day we had and I thanked God for giving you to me. Don't you pray?"

"Why would I pray?" What is going through her mind right now?

"To say thank you for everything that's going on around you."

She stood up from my bed touching my shoulder, looking me straight in my eyes. She kind of frightened me at that moment, but I simply just embraced her stare.

"I don't believe in praying." She let her hand fall to her side and walked out the door.

What does she mean she doesn't believe in praying? How can one not pray? There is so much that we can say thank you for in a prayer? I followed her out the door, she fell down on the couch and turned the TV on. I went and stood in front of it making sure that she couldn't see anything.

I have to know why she just said those words about not believing in prayer.

"Why don't you believe in praying?" She placed her elbows on her legs and her fists under her chin.

"Noah can I ask you a question?" Is this her way of changing the subject.

"You know you can." I pulled my shoulders up and let out a breath.

"Do you believe in God?" What kind of a question is that, I believe in prayer.

"Of course I do, who doesn't believe in Him?" She sat back on the couch getting comfortable.

"Me, I don't believe in something that I can't see."

What she doesn't believe in God? She says she can't see him, but still everything around her is so beautiful, God made that. Does she still not believe she is a miracle from God? We don't need to see him to know he is with us every day. His love for us is unconditional.

They say the most beautiful things cannot be seen, but it can be felt, like for example love, you know it's there and you feel your heart beating out of your chest when you see the one you love. You can feel it, but you can't see it.

Doesn't that work the same way with God, you can't see him but still you feel him close to you when you talk to him, pray or read your bible. Just imagine how beautiful he is going to be when you get to heaven, when you meet your maker face to face.

"Can I ask you why Abigail?" I sat down next to her, she switched the television off and looked at me.

"Are you going to ask me, why I don't believe in the big man upstairs? Well, I did believe in him, we would go to Youth on Fridays, Sunday school and Sunday night church. My life was perfect and I had everything I had ever wanted. Good grades, great friends, money, family and everything I could ever dream of. I was 16 when my dad lost his job, we lost everything in our house, our money and we lived in someone's back yard. Mom just made enough money to put food on the table and to get me through school. At the age of 17 mom was diagnosed with cancer, she lost her job and two months after that she passed away. Through it all I kept on praying, but nothing happened, dad never got a job and my mom died. After that I decided, that I wasn't going to bother myself with something, that doesn't love me enough to help me."

I never knew she had that hard in live. God was actually testing her to see even after all of this happened if she would stay faithful to him, but she gave up.

"So what do I call you, if you're not a Christian?"

"I'm an atheist." She let out the words and it felt like she just stabbed me in the heart.

I have to change her mind and show her the beautiful things that God has in store for her. I simply just have to change her mind.

*This book is playing around with the rankings. I hope you still enjoy this story.

Please remember to vote and comment.

Stay sweet xoxo