Chapter 14

I woke up feeling rather sad about what happened last night. I knew she wasn't going to remember what happened, but it was still fresh in mine.

I opened my bible to, Psalm 37:24 'Though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand'.

I read it a few times wanting to make sure I read it correctly. I took my highlighter from the night stand and marked it in my book. In our everyday life we stumble and fall, but we know we can simply just reach out and touch our creators hand.

I got down on my knees and prayed making sure that I started my day correctly. I walked into the kitchen and got out two cups to make coffee. I placed two slices of bread in the toaster and waited for it to finish.

I placed everything on a tray and walked to Abby's room. She was still sound a sleep. I placed the tray down on the table and walked out the door. I knew everything was going to get cold, but I wanted her to know that I was still there if she needed me.

I had a day off today but I still decided that I wanted to go in and get my things ready for the next day. I also wanted to meet my co-workers.

They called me yesterday about a job opening at the children's section of the hospital, I said that I would help out until they got another doctor. I loved working with children, but I knew that if I learned to love someone as much as Caleb and something happens then that would break my heart in two.

I arrived at my office and looked at the boxes that was packed out on the floor. I started thinking back to my first day of medical school, I was just a intern running around for everyone. I was only noticed in my third year of medical school, when one of the doctors didn't have enough medical staff to help him.

It was one of the greatest, but also saddest day ever. We did an emergency heart operation on a small baby. He was born with his heart outside of his chest. I remember Dr Muller calling me to his side telling me I had to scrub in.

I remembered looking over at the small baby that was layed out on the recliner bed, a tear ran down my face and I quickly wiped it off, because I didn't want them to classify me as the soft one.

The operation was a succes and I couldn't have been happier, Dr Muller dragged me with him to the parents to tell them the great news, I remember both of them crying tears of joy. They hugged Dr Muller and thanked him with the kindest words. That day my biggest wish came that I would like to be half the man that Dr Muller was.

Fast forward 4 years and here I am now, a lot of diplomas, a lot of certificates, a lot of beautiful, but also sad memories and a lot of photos of parents that I have helped over these past years, but the best thing of all was that I became greater than the man Dr Muller was because I had a big man by my side and I called him God.

I placed the last photo on the wall, when my phone started ringing, it was my dad and in that moment I feared to answer the phone. I wiped down my sweaty hands againts my pants and with shaky hands I answered the phone.

"Hi Dad." I swallowed the lump that was formed in my throat.

"Hi son, how are you today?"

"I am great dad just busy at work, being a doctor takes up a lot of your time even on your day off."

"Don't complain Noah, You are doing something that God trusted you with and that is a blessing." Having your father as a pastor sometimes was a blessing and a curse.

"Yeah dad, I know dad, I know. So how are you and mom?"

"We are great, the reason I am calling is because mom and I want to invite you guys over for dinner. We finally want to meet Abigail, we also invited Sarah and Daniel. We are having a BBQ tomorrow night, your mother just said she doesn't want any excuses she wants everyone there." Why do I feel nauseous?

"Okay then I will see you guys tomorrow, send my love to mom." I ended the call and the phone dropped from my hand onto the table.

Oh please Lord you got to help me, because I fear of what is going to happen tomorrow.

*So I am writing again and I am excited. I am going to try and finish this book asap, because I have a new one that I want to write.

What do you think will happen between Noah's parents and Abigail?

Remember to vote and comment. If you have a friend that you think will enjoy this story please share it with them.

Stay sweeet xoxo