Chapter 10

I sat down at my desk and looked at the papers that was in front of me. I took in a deep breath and it felt like my soul was giving up inside of my body, I was tired and I was drained. I looked at the papers one last time, picked up the pen and signed it. This is what I need, to be closer to home. I know that I am going to miss this place a lot I have so many memories of this hospital.

This is the place where I started, I grew, I fell in love, I helped people and now it's also the place where I am ending. Sarah doesn't know about anything because I knew that she would get it right to talk me out of it.

This would also do me good to get away from everything, I will always remember the times I had here, but maybe it's better to start over fresh at the new hospital.

Sarah walked into my office and I quickly placed a file over the papers not wanting her to see it. Luckily she just stood by the door and didn't come close to my table. She smiled and just looked at me, the ring on her finger was brighter today.

"Noah, are you okay?" She closed the door behind her standing against it making sure that no one would enter.

"Yeah, I think so, Caleb's parents were here and they asked me to do the eulogy for his funeral because that is something that he would have wanted."

"I hope you said yes, you practically saw Caleb grow up in front of you" She smiled and tilted her head to the side.

"I had to say yes, he was a big part of my life and I know this is also a way to show the family how sorry I am for them losing their son." I placed my head in my hands and it felt like at any moment I was going to cry a river and never stop.

"Noah, it was not your fault that Caleb didn't make it." She walked around my table and placed her hand on my back.

"Yeah, it was I had to make sure that the heart was fine before I closed him." She wrapped her arms around me and placed her head on my back.

"Just know that God will give you the strength to deal with it and remember there is a reason why everything happens." I could feel the love of God touching me just by my sister hugging me.

"Maybe your right, it just hurt to know that he was so young and had so much to live for."

"Always remember God doesn't look at numbers when he comes and fetches us. He looks at our hearts and he has a book where he writes up how much time we have left. My time can be tomorrow and yours today, that's why we have to live our life to the fullest." Tears rolled down my cheek, how did I manage to get such a smart sister.

She let go of me and I wiped the tears from my cheeks. God gave me a sister like her, for whenever I needed to know that God was near and also some encouragement. She is my rock in my life.

I knew that going away is a good idea, but what if Sarah needs me here with her? Should I just leave the other hospitals offer and stay? I also need to think of myself. If I stay I will become unhappy and maybe just leave the medical world?

I also prayed and asked God that he should give me something closer to home since the drive here every day is tiring me out and I don't want to feel that way when I operate. I want to feel fresh and up to standard when I operate.

I know that my team will understand when I tell them this, I know some will be angry, but they will get over it.

I called in an emergency meeting to get my team together. They were all standing in the boardroom just looking at me.

"What is wrong Dr. Noah?" Kelly asked as she stood next to Sarah.

"There is something I need to tell all of you, I got a job offer from another hospital and I am going to take it, it's also closer to home and it's a new place for me that I can start over. I can promise you this I am going to miss all of you so much." I could see some of them faking a smile and then there was Sarah she was just standing there looking at me like her world just came tumbling down.

"You should do what makes you happy." Sarah turned and walked out the door, I excused myself from the group and went after her.

"Sarah, are you okay?" She turned around and wiped her tears with her shirt.

"Yeah, I just wish you told me first, but you didn't. I really do hope you are happy at the other hospital. Just know I am going to miss not working with my brother." I pulled her closer and just held her like that.

God made a way for me, but it feels like I am hurting someone I love dearly.

*Sorry, I haven't updated in a while, been struggling to write.

Hope you still enjoy this story.

Stay sweet xoxo