Chapter 4

I placed Abigail down on the ground and she ran off into the house, I went searching for her and she stood in the main bedroom looking at everything closely. She was very creative and this being our house I could just imagine what was going through her head.

"This room is perfect for us. I have so many ideas I can't wait to start decorating." I just started laughing shaking my head at her. Her smile grew bigger with each sentence she spoke and started twirling in circles showing me what she would do with each wall.

I couldn't believe how much I loved this girl standing right in front of me. The words just rolled off her lips, she could keep a conversation going even if the other person had nothing to talk about she always had something to say or some interesting story to tell you.

"Maybe I should make the walls another colour and maybe we should change the tiles in here." I kissed her out of the blue wanting her to keep quiet for only a few seconds, she didn't even breathe properly when she spoke and being a doctor means I am worried about her when she does that.

Our lips parted and she had a cheeky grin on her face, her eyes were still closed. I placed my fingers on her cheek, feeling the softness of her skin on my fingers. She was beautiful, no she was beyond beautiful she was an angel.

"What about the colour purple then?" She let out as our lips parted and I quickly pressed my lips to hers again. I just need her attention for a few minutes before she goes off changing the whole house into a colouring book.

I pulled her in for a hug, showing her how much I actually love her and that without her I would be nothing but a poor, sad man.

"I say you do whatever you want with this room my Angel. This is your room, I will be taking the other room." She pulled away from me just looking at me strangely.

"But why?" Her little Texas accent was so cute.

"Because it goes against my morals to sleep with someone in the same room if we're not married yet." I could see a frown forming on her face.

"Oh, I don't believe in stuff like that, but okay if you do then I am fine with that." She kissed me on the cheek and I went out of the room leaving her to plan everything she needed to make the room hers.

~*~*~

We finally finished unpacking the truck, I could see that Abigail was tired and I told her that I would just get us something to eat. After ordering us Chinese food, I went to my room where everything was a mess. I grabbed one of the boxes and opened it up seeing my Bible at the top of the pile.

I took it out, sat down on my bed and opened it up. There was a picture of me and Caleb, it was Halloween and they decided that for the fun of it all the children should dress up.

We handed out candy to them, told them jokes and made their night in the hospital fun. Caleb was dressed as a doctor and he kept reminding everyone if they wanted a check-up they had to come to him.

Some of the nurses liked playing along and went to him. He would make up some story about why they were sick and gave them a lollipop telling them it had magical healing powers in them. If only that was true, then I would hand out a lot of them to these kids to make them healthy again.

I placed the photo down on the bed remembering the good times I had with him. I looked at the verse in the bible and it was highlighted in yellow. 'Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.' It made me think about Caleb a lot, he had no more pain but he had eternal life with God. I know he is happy and we have to be happy without him.

I closed my eyes and went down on my knees wanting to just thank God for this day that he gave me.

"Thank you God for what you have done for me today, thank you for forgiving me and helping me even if it sometimes feels like I am failing you. Thank you Lord for giving me the strength to get through each day and also thanks that you gave me the opportunity to have had been a part of Caleb's life. He opened my eyes to so many things. Give him a hug from me please. Amen."

When I looked up, she was standing in the doorway only smiling at me. She was my other blessing in life and I couldn't be happier.

*Hope you will enjoy this chapter. Please remember to vote and comment.

Stay sweet xoxo