Sucking Up

Sana's POV

My day already started off bad as it is and then some girl decides to bump into my much needed coffee making it spill and walks off without apologising. Jerk.

I grabbed her sleeve and asked her to apologise again and her minion or whoever was beside her tried to stop me before the jerk girl stopped him.

"My apologies. I didn't mean to bump into you." She said before walking off.

Who did she think she was? And why was that voice so familiar.

She was gone before I could say anything and I just puffed out a breath in annoyance.

Oh crap!

What time is it? The new CEO should be coming in soon and I'm still not in the office. I ran to my desk and swapped my pink fluffy slippers with my black wedges.

"Nayeon, is the CEO in yet?" I ask my best friend.

"No, you're lucky she hasn't come in yet! And why does your face look swollen? Were you crying?" She asked worriedly.

"Ugh don't get me started. Mina decided we need to break up. She said the fact that I looked through her phone means that I don't trust her enough. It's not that I don't trust her, I don't trust the others. We've been together for a year now and she's been so distant lately. On top of that she keeps saying that I haven't moved on from you know, HER. I don't understand why she thinks that. I wasn't even in a relationship with HER I don't understand Nayeon! What did she even see in me?" I burst out, not able to hold it in anymore.

"Look Sana, I kind of agree with Mina about you not moving on. You don't realise but you're really closed off when it comes to relationships. But other than that, Mina seems to be a big and annoying asshole. Never forget that you're an amazing person. Don't let one person smash your hopes! Maybe you'll find that person you've been looking for you know? It took me years and many relationships to find Jeongyeon. The person you're looking for isn't always in front of you! You have to search for them. Even if mine was in front of mine." She responded.

I've got to admit; the truth did kind of hurt. But I'm glad she told me what she did. The fact that Mina left me really upset me. I put my all into the relationship so I don't know what I did wrong. I treated her the way I wanted her to treat me, maybe that was the mistake. I wanted someone caring who worried about me and protected me. I wanted to take care of Mina and be able to find happiness in that. She probably doesn't want to be constantly worried about and she probaby doesn't like attention on her. Or it could've even been the fact that I sent my standards up high for my first proper relationship. I walked into this relationship without previous experience. Mina use to work with me but she left our company and started her own one instead and that hurt a little bit. She never mentioned it to me. Oh well, I can't hold on to these feelings no matter how much they hurt. She probably had her reasons and I shouldn't assume anything. I should just move on.

Sigh. Where was our CEO?

Before I could ask Nayeon about her, our company secretary, otherwise known as Nayeon's girlfriend to us, Jeongyeon, came in to make the announcement that our CEO was here and we should head to the meeting room as they're coming from their office.

We all rushed to the room and tried to look as presentable as possible, waiting for her to come in. This person was already in their office and no one knew? Damn.

Boy, was I shocked when she walked in. It was jerk girl! My mouth hung open and I blushed at the memory of our encounter earlier. I didn't realise how long my mouth was hanging open until Nayeon nudged me. Was I drooling? Her body proportions were absolutely amazing and she wore a smile that could light up the world. Her greenish black hair wowed me and her eyes... they look like they have the secrets of the world.

WHERE'S YOUR MIND GOING SANA!

"Good morning everyone! My name is Hyeri Kim and I will be your new CEO! Shall we get started? i was a little surprised when no one realised I walked in. I hope that changes in the future." She announced.

The meeting ended in an hour and I felt like hiding behind a pile of books. Something dawned on me; I would have to suck up to her. I mentally cried as my day just got a whole lot worse, to a whole another level. Before we left the room, I got called out by her.

"Miss Minatozaki?" She called out.

SHIT. SHIT. SHIT.

She already knows who I am. How is that even possible?

CRAP.

Before she could say anything, I beat her to the punch.

"I'm really sorry about this morning Ma'am, I'll do anything you want me to!" I rushed out.

"Miss Minatozaki –" She to talk again, but I cut her off.

"Please, please, please Ma'am, don't fire me! I didn't mean to do anything! I promise." I tried to reason with her.

She banged her hand on the table and my next argument died down in my throat.

"That is not what I wanted to talk about but if you want to keep bringing it up then that's fine, we'll talk about it!" She said coolly.

"Uhm... what did you want to talk about... Ma'am?" I asked, embarrassed and blushing.

"You're in charge of company sales and profits correct? Can I please get a detailed report on it on my desk by the end of the day?" She asked me.

"Uh sure Ma'am!" I responded, walking out of the room and almost hitting myself with the door. Gosh this was so embarrassing.

Great start Sana. Great start.