My Heart Hurts But It'll Be Okay

Sana's POV

I went home with a heavy heart. I still hadn't talked to Tzuyu and it was driving me crazy. I sat on the bed in the guest room, waiting for Tzuyu to come home.

I didn't know what to do to kill time so I just played with my phone until I received a call from my dad instead.

"Dad?" I said, curious why he called but I already had a slight feeling.

"How are you sweetie?" He asked calmly.

"How do you think Dad? How could you not tell me?" I asked, already crying.

"I know you wanted to find her but I didn't know what to do. I didn't know where she was either until she came home to drop you off. I just wanted to see you happy and I thought telling you that it was Tzuyu was not my place. It was something between you two and I couldn't do it." He simply replied.

"I don't know what to do Dad." I stated, not able to stop my crying.

"It's okay sweetheart. We'll be home shortly and then we'll come pick you up." Dad said, hanging up the phone.

I sighed heavily as I packed the few things I had remaining in the room. I didn't want Tzuyu to worry so I left a note on her fridge saying that I went back home.

My Dad messaged me saying he was at the front of the house so I looked at the apartment that had grown onto me one last time before I left.

I hugged my parents as I sat in the car. I tried to seem happy but I was falling apart inside.

Maybe this was for the best.

After all the pain I caused her, it was the best thing for them.

I walked into my room and it felt so weird. Why did I not feel as comfortable as I usually was in my room? I sighed and planted my face on my bed and seemed to fall asleep.

The next few days of work were oddly quiet.

Tzuyu wasn't in the office and everyone was curious why. Jinwoo still hung around though, making sure everything was in order.

I was being picked up and dropped off by Nayeon to work instead of Tzuyu. Nayeon had been quiet around me lately, not sure on what to say and I appreciated her thoughtfulness.

I took my computer out and decided to work on some things that were due soon.

I didn't realise I got lost into my work for a few hours until I received a call from Jinwoo at 9pm.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Miss Minatozaki, I need your help. My boss hasn't been picking her phone up lately and I don't the know the password to her room. The watchman isn't letting me in either so I was hoping you could help me." Jinwoo asked urgently.

I quickly shuffled out of my room, putting on something comfortable and leaving a note in the kitchen for my parents stating that I'll be with Tzuyu.

I drove to the apartment and Jinwoo smiled when he saw me. I walked in and greeted the watchman who smiled when he saw me, letting me through with Jinwoo, not forgetting to give him a glare.

We took the elevator up to the room and unlocked the door. The lights were all switched off in the room and Jinwoo told me to stay put, behind him. I didn't listen and walked to Tzuyu's room and almost screamed when I saw the sight before me.

I ran towards her bed and checked her forehead. She was shivering extremely badly. I called out to Jinwoo and he ran towards the room.

"She's as cold as ice. We need to do something about it." I told him.

What the hell had happened?

Jinwoo came back with hot water and towels. I thanked him and he decided to leave to get some food for Tzuyu.

She mumbled as I changed the towels.

"I'm sorry Sana." She murmured.

My heart sank deeper hearing her utter those words.

I checked her forehead; at least she was getting slightly warmer.

"So...cold." She mumbled.

This wasn't working. I turned on the duct in the room to heat it up and I decided to get into the bed with her. She flinched as I got inside the bed but I ignored her reaction and pulled her closer to me, closing the gap and hoping the heat from my body would radiate into hers. Her teeth were still chattering but it was slowly going away.

Jinwoo came back soon after with groceries and I thanked him. He decided to leave us in the room and clean up the mess in the house.

I looked at the shivering girl in front of me. I checked her forehead again and I was glad to feel like she was a lot warmer now. I was going to get out of the bed but Tzuyu didn't let go of me. I waited for a little while longer until she fell asleep before I was able to get out of her grasp.

I took the water and towels and rinsed them before heading into the kitchen.

It was 5am already and Tzuyu would be up soon. I needed to leave before then. I decided to make some of her favourite food, glad that Jinwoo had brought a range of things from the mart. Oh, there was no bread. I made a quick errand to get some bread too and I left the food on the counter before I headed out of the room.

I drove back home and ate breakfast. Surprisingly, I wasn't feeling sleepy. I worked on my things for a little while longer and decided to get ready. I was going to change my style today. I'm going to make Tzuyu talk to me. It was the only way to calm myself down. I smirked at my plan. I knew for sure it was going to succeed. I know what makes Tzuyu tick.