It Was True

We walked in silence and the person who was with Hyeri seemed to disappear. We reached the restaurant shortly and Hyeri urged me to go inside. I didn't want to leave but she was insistent. I sat inside and Hyeri came a few minutes later. Nayeon seated her between me and Jeongyeon and winked at me as she did that. I'm so going to get her for this. Everyone was pouring out drinks but I hated drinking. They kept encouraging me and brought up the fact that I never drank with them.

Not even Nayeon knows this, but when I was younger, I had a bad experience with it. I was out at a friend's party and I didn't know alcohol was mixed into the drinks. I didn't realise how quickly I had gotten drunk but someone was leading me up to a bedroom upstairs. I was still quite out of it and had no idea what was going on. I didn't realise what was happening until I was pushed on to a bed and someone was towering over me. I had tried to push the person off with the energy I had left but it wasn't working. I wanted to run away but the person kept me in place.

They were coming closer when the door banged open and Tzuyu had come in. She punched the person, knocking them out and took me outside. She shrugged off her jacket and gave it to me, seated me in her car, made sure I was wearing my seatbelt and took me home. She never said anything the entire time. It's a secret that we both swore we'll take to our graves. It was the beginning of our friendship. It was later that night that I found out that my father had sent Tzuyu to the party because he was worried and since Tzuyu's father was well acquainted with mine it was okay.

I noticed Hyeri was doing something from my corner of my eye. She poured water in a little glass and swapped it with mine. There was no doubt it looked like soju.

"You can't say no to your CEO right?" Hyeri said, a glint in her eyes that wasn't describable.

I smiled at her and drank the liquid. Everyone cheered on as I did because I finally drank soju.

Nayeon was wiggling her eyebrows at me, obviously seeing the exchange. I was looking down at my lap when someone next to me grabbed my arm. They started shaking me and I flinched in an automatic reaction. Memories from that night flooded back and I tried to push their hand of mine to no avail. However, Hyeri came to the rescue. She took their hand and put a bottle of soju in it instead, earning her a massive smile. She swapped seats with mine and I couldn't help but smile at her actions.

Soon enough, everyone was leaving. There were just the four of left and Jeongyeon and Nayeon were dead drunk. Hyeri called someone who brought her car over and we decided to drop them home since I knew where they lived. It was really chilly in the car so I reached out to turn the dial for the heater when Hyeri did the same thing. Our hands touched and it created a sizzling sensation down my spine. My heart was fluttering from a single touch. Why am I acting like this?

Stupid heart.

I could tell Hyeri was hesitant in retracting her hand but she did it first. I mumbled a low sorry and the remainder of the ride was quiet except for the snoring of the two at the back.

I was glad I came over to Nayeon's house as often as I did because I knew her password. They were both so knocked out that they hadn't even realised we reached their place. I was heading to pick up Nayeon when Hyeri stopped me, instead telling me to open the door and stay inside.

She placed Nayeon on her bed and left to get Jeongyeon. I almost died laughing when Hyeri came back with Jeongyeon. She seemed so comfortable on Hyeri's back and kept rubbing her face on Hyeri's shoulder. I helped Hyeri put her down since Jeongyeon wasn't letting go. Hyeri decided to leave and sit in the car while I tucked them in the blankets and put water and Tylenol on their cabinets and left.

When I walked in the car, I saw Hyeri bang her head on the wheel.

"What's wrong?" I asked, worried about her reaction.

"Well... you're going to have to stay at my place for the next few nights." She said slowly.

"Hmm? Who said?" I asked, still confused.

"Um... your dad messaged me saying that he's going to come back a few days later. Since no one is at home, you have to stay at my house." She said.

"WHAT!" I shouted, finally understanding and taking her phone off her.

How was I going to be able to stay in a house with her when I liked her and her being around me created such weird feelings in me.

Wait... I like her?

No, no, no!

It was my turn to bang my head on the dashboard.

"Ya Sana! What are you doing?" Hyeri scolded.

I just blushed and looked away, glad for the darkness in the night that couldn't show my blushing cheeks.

Hyeri grabbed my face and observed my forehead.

"Are you a pabo? There's a bump on your head now. Aish!" She scolded me.

I pouted in response, using that to cover up the profuse blushing in my cheeks.

"Are you okay with staying? If not, we can stay at Nayeon's house." Hyeri suggested.

Okay, no way we are staying with Nayeon and Jeongyeon. I'll be teased endlessly by them.

"I guess I don't really have a choice. I did promise my father that I would listen to you no matter what." I replied, rubbing my forehead.

I remembered she was sick in the morning. Wasn't she still sick? She was slightly sweating so I put my hand on her forehead. She still had a little bit of a fever.

"Alright, we have to go to your house now. Maybe I should drive instead because right now you don't look like you're in the condition to drive." I stated, heading out of the car.

Hyeri simply grabbed my hand and shook her head.

"It's okay. I can drive. I don't live far." She replied.

I nodded in response and we headed there, my heart still beating crazy fast from her touch.